• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel ate my fonts. Can I kill it?

Flame

read this:
I too have CorelDraw X3 on a Windows 7 machine, in order to get the best from it you will need to visit Corel's website
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Content/1153321224268?pid=1208716785680
and install the following patches Service Packs and patches in this order, re-start after each:
1. CGSX3 Hot Patch1.exe
2. CGSX3SP1.msp
3. CGSX3SP2.msp
4. Font Nav Fix.msp ............. which will fix the problem with the Fonts
and then run the program in Compatibility Mode with Windows XP+SP2

But Corel doesn't have any of their X3 service packs on their website anymore...

Border

Just curious, where did you load the fonts from? The original place they are stored on your computer after you purchased them or did you try to copy them from the fonts folder in the Windows system? I've had issues with the later before. Had to reload them from the original downloaded & saved files to make them work properly.

Flame

I give up. I got a lead on Corel X6, seems like an excellent time to bite the bullet :p None of the service packs I tried downloading would work, and this font issue is hampering my beauty sleep.

signage

But Corel doesn't have any of their X3 service packs on their website anymore...

This is one reason why all service packs/updates(bug fixes) should be downloadable! If they automatically download you can not save them so you have them if something goes wrong later!