• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel ate my fonts. Can I kill it?

Flame

Only thing I can think of...Corel ate my fonts!!!

Alright so just got a new design station. Whole new system, upgraded video card, motherboard, doubled my RAM yada yada yada. Got all my files and programs back but now having an issue with some fonts!!! My program of choice is Corel X3 (waiting until 6 to upgrade :p), and I like to use bitstream navigator to handle all my fonts. Got them all loaded, but for some reason, some are not showing up! Seems all my favorite fonts :omg:

For example, ALL my letterhead fonts. I can load them either in bitstream OR just load them into my system...but it won't work! It'll show in my font list in Corel, but you select that font and there's nothing there. If it helps.... seems all the fonts are open type fonts. But I'm at a loss here, running out of ideas and I really need these things for my day to day projects.

Anyone wiser than me care to shine a light?

Flame

Font Navigator > File > Find Fonts ?

Sure. I drop them in, load them, and they even show up as an option in my program, but when I select the font there's no preview, and when I try to type something or convert a word to that font, it doesn't show up. Just is blank. I can take a screen shot if that sounds confusing?

Flame

Did you re-start Corel after loading fonts?

Yes sir. Restarted after using bitstream. Then when failed, deleted them all out of there, and loaded in my PC font directory, booted up Corel and tried again, and nada. Tried every variation of these steps and after 20 Corel boots I'm getting tired of it, and posted this here :/

SignosaurusRex

:P Sorry, I wish I could help but I'm no tech and I've never been one much for Corel. Damn...it's not your week! First your dongle breaks and now you cant font.

Locals Find!

You may have done this already but after loading the fonts into your OS did you try rebooting the entire system?

I know that sometimes works for my computer when I install a new font and it won't show up.

SignManiac

Flame, in Corel under tools, go down to the text box and check to see under fonts that all variations of font extensions are checked in the boxes???

Wiggum PI

bitstream used to sh*t me to tears, always something quirky going on, maybe check for a service pack update, if you haven't already.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Are your LHF fonts Type1 fonts or are they TrueType fonts?

If they are Type1, then maybe SignManiac's idea has some worth... (post #9)

Flame

bitstream used to sh*t me to tears, always something quirky going on, maybe check for a service pack update, if you haven't already.

But...even when I load it into my main PC font directory!?!? The fonts will work in other programs, just not Corel :/

Wiggum PI

i was referring to a X3 service pack(I think they had 2?), in case you thought I meant windows...but I got nuthin, if that don't work :p

Heis3335

Flame
If you get t his figured out please let me know. I have the exact same issue going on, and I have tried everything I can think of, other than SP3.

Rob

signage

read this:
I too have CorelDraw X3 on a Windows 7 machine, in order to get the best from it you will need to visit Corel's website
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/gb/en/Content/1153321224268?pid=1208716785680
and install the following patches Service Packs and patches in this order, re-start after each:
1. CGSX3 Hot Patch1.exe
2. CGSX3SP1.msp
3. CGSX3SP2.msp
4. Font Nav Fix.msp ............. which will fix the problem with the Fonts
and then run the program in Compatibility Mode with Windows XP+SP2