• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Draw and US cutter ?

Bunky67

I currently us Corel draw x5 with my Roland to cut vinyl. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to cut directly.from Corel to my US cutter MH871. I have exported from.Corel and imported into sign blazer but I don't care for that way.

Or is there a suggestion for a lower cost program that's better then sign blazer ?

OldPaint

if you have a ROLAND......and are cutting from corel..........WHY ARE YOU USING A US CUTTER??? somebody give it to you????
other then that there is no reason to have it))))) just a thought......HAVE YOU TRIED to send a file to the us cutter.......just lie you do files to your roland? they both read HPGL..................and if they are both 24" the roland driver should........cut to the us cutter))))

Bunky67

US Cutter

Thanks I will try the sign cut and or using the hairline outline like the Roland.

The reason I'm wanting to use the us cutter is that my Roland only cuts approximately 13" and the us cutter will cut 24 ",

Techman

you can try cocut FREE for 30 days. When you see how good it is and you purchase it and never again pay a subscription fee.

Avoid all subscription based software and fees at all cost.

WildWestDesigns

No my Roland is a PNC 950 or 1050 uses 15" perforated vinyl.

See if you can download the plugin/drivers that Roland has for the CutStudio program. I do believe that CutStudio will support the legacy PNC cutters. I could be wrong, but worth a shot anyway.

you can try cocut FREE for 30 days. When you see how good it is and you purchase it and never again pay a subscription fee.

Avoid all subscription based software and fees at all cost.

SignCut also has a free trial and is available for subscription or as a full version. I only mentioned the subscription option because it is convenient for those who might want to try it beyond the free trial period or those on a limited budget. I've been using it for 4 years and it works very well. It has a lot of great options including a step cut feature that allows for exceptional tracking on less than exceptional cutters. SignCut Pro is also a $389.00 purchase compared to CoCut Pro at $599.00. CoCut may have more features, but then SignCut offers every feature we've ever needed.

gaanjer

just put contour cut on corel. import in PDF and works

Capture_zps6096ae56.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

There is a macro plugin called e-cut for Corel that looks to support most of the USCUTTER branded models. You can also set up the cutter as a print in windows and send HPGL code to it directly from CorelDraw.

Bunky67

What cable ?

If I set this up as a printer Can I use A USB cable or do I need a serial cable ?

If I need a serial cable do I use a regular cable or Null Modem ?

Thanks for all the help and replies

OldPaint

PNC-950 is A 24" CUTTER!!!(Acceptable sheet widths 50 mm—610 mm (1-15/16"—24") PNC-1050 is a SPROCKET FEED 15" workhorse. it has 2 connections comm and a parallel port....you could try the ROLAND PNC-950 DRIVER for the US CUTTER... to work from corel it must be connected to the printer/parallel port.