• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel to Flexi

maddmd

I have been using Corel for 3 years and now thinking of buying Flexi.
My question is can you open and use a corel file in Flexi?
Will it still seperate colors in prodution manager for cuttng or do you have to redo each design?

:thankyou:

Mark L

I have opened corel files in flexi when the customer exporting them to .eps format, but the gradient part came in terrible.
I'm not sure if you can bring in cdr files without exporting them

Flame

I used to use Corel 8 and those files would go straight into Flexi with minimal problems. But now that I have X3, it won't do it all. I usually save artwork as a CDR, and then a copy as AI (saved in Illustrator 8 format) and that usually opens fine in Flexi.

I HATE Flexi for it's file compatibility. It flat out sucks. It can't even deal with transparent GIFS!!!!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You can save as a Corel Presentation Exchange file, .cmx, and import directly into Flexi. In recent iterations of Corel there's two cmx formats listed, plain vanilla and cmx 5. I've always used the pain unqualified cmx and seldom have a problem. Note that Corel's outlines are turned into a stroke in Flexi and a Corel contour will be treated as a separate path with a stroke.

If you are just cutting and not printing, then you will be unlikely to be using gradients and such, so that shouldn't be a problem. I design in Corel and then just copy and paste into Flexi with no problem at all. If you want another entire design program, Flexi is a good one. However, if you are considering buying Flexi just for the cutting capabilities of its production manager, it would be much cheaper to buy a copy of CoCut. It works just as well.

Replicator

Export CDR as EPS then open in Flexi . . .

Or export CDR as EPS, covert to PDF, then open in Flexi and UnMask ! ! !

maddmd

Thank you all.
No I will be using it to print also. Just did not want to start all over with alot of repeat files.

:thankyou: :thumb:

Flame

yeah, it sucks. If you design it in Corel 8, it will import over. But if you do it in 12 or X3, then even if you save it as 8 format, it won't bring it over. Just save as an ai. file, and you should even be able to keep most of your gradients!