• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel to Photoshop Layers

JFP Studios

Using corel Draw X5, when I build a design in corel can I save it and reopen in Photoshop as Layers? What file would I want to save it as if this is possible?

Thank you so much guys.

Jim Doggett

Using corel Draw X5, when I build a design in corel can I save it and reopen in Photoshop as Layers? What file would I want to save it as if this is possible?

Thank you so much guys.

The PSD export is way cool, but in older CorelDRAW versions I'd always export an eps with the layers separated (side by side) which I'd break into separate layers in Photoshop.

I even still do it that way, out of habit. And I always add a bounding box since the top of ellipses tends to get cut off slightly when exporting EPS files from CorelDRAW.

So I'll have to try the PSD export and see if it does better, and save some time. Old habits die hard :^)

Jim Doggett

I just double checked it,

it works like a charm !!! :wink:

Very cool!!! What a time-saver! May need to upgrade, albeit my CorelDRAW 9 (on Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit) just does everything I need, and I can do it drunk, stoned, blind-folded and while sleeping :^)

So it made me a procrastinater on upgrading ... LOL

But ya convinced me!!!

Thanks for the great insight.

:goodpost:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I wish CorelDRAW could paste AICB style vector paths on the clip board so they could be pasted into Photoshop, either as paths or shape layers. It's another reason why I have to run both CorelDRAW and Adobe Illustrator on my computer.

Artildawn

Jim,
Just tested and it does work, but you'll have to plan in advance and set up the layers in Corel when you created the vector.