• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corel users - importing pdf's

Eric - Importing pdf's into Corel is a crapshoot. The earlier versions, even X3 & X4 would sometimes move and/or change things such as layer orders and even fonts. Sometimes if the pdf is complex enough, it won't import at all.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Ok, but is this a PDF that you are supplying them with, or one that they got elsewhere? If it's yours, why not just supply them with a Corel File?

They are supplying me with pdf's asking to get a vector. I open it up in Illustrator and discover the file is already vector. I tell them that it is already vector, and suggest that they can open in Illustrator or import into Corel. The Illustrator users are thankful and some Corel users say "no I cannot"

So I could go the dishonest route and assume they don't know better and charge them as if I traced it, but I prefer to deal with customers with integrity. I want to be able to give customers solutions to help themselves and thus avoid paying a fee

I will gladly convert pdfs to usable eps/ai files all day long for a fee, but if I can save the customer money. Many of my customers have emailed me back and thanked me for my honesty

J Hill Designs

"the supplied pdf is already in vector format - if you truly cannot import this file into __________, then I can supply .cdr, .eps, .ai files for you for $XX.XX

Thanks,

VD"

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
"the supplied pdf is already in vector format - if you truly cannot import this file into __________, then I can supply .cdr, .eps, .ai files for you for $XX.XX

Thanks,

VD"

Are you suggesting what I should be telling my customers? Yes I do this when they cannot import or don't want to bother. I'm not saying I won't do it, just like I said before... trying to save them a few bucks