• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6 VS Graphtec!

imagejim

So here's the showdown, in the left corner wearing a nice looking black case I have my computer running corel X6. In the right corner wearing a bunch of dust and some scraps of vinyl I have a graphtec (don't laugh) FC7000-130. I can't get this beast to cut directly from corel. I have to export from corel as an eps and open with Flexi just to cut it. I'd love to cut this step out if I could. I also don't understand what I'm doing wrong seeing as how in big red letters on Graphtec's site it says that the just released Cutting Master 2 (which I downloaded and installed) that supports corel 10-X6. If I send a file in corel using the launch utility it opens up the cutting master program and recognizes the plotter and driver. But when i go to poll size it sits there and continues to crunch untill finally it say's cutter not responding to poll size, and the cutter itself says instruction not recognized. Can anyone help!?

James :banghead:

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Change the plotter from HPGL to GPGL. Different command languages. Flex uses HPGL and, if memory serves, Cutting Master uses GPGL. Or maybe the other way around.

OldPaint

you dont say what OS this computer is running that has COREL X6 on it.
i know graphtec makes a driver to cut from corel. BUT......IF YOUR COMPUTER is a WINDOWS 7 64 BIT..........forgetaboutit)))) older equipment and 64 bit wont work.

CS-SignSupply-TT

"...the details..."

you dont say what OS this computer is running that has COREL X6 on it.
i know graphtec makes a driver to cut from corel. BUT......IF YOUR COMPUTER is a WINDOWS 7 64 BIT..........forgetaboutit)))) older equipment and 64 bit wont work.

Well OldPaint, "...the devil is in the details..." More information = better solutions

imagejim

Unfortunately he is correct. it is indeed windows 7 pro 64bit. :( So it looks like I'm going to have to install Flexi to cut with it. I don't understand though because I have a graphtec FC 4510-60 flatbed plotter and corel X6 on another computer and that works fine. I have no problem using Flexi to cut vinyl it'd just be nice to skip a step that's all. :) I will try the HPGL-GPGL thing but I think I already tried that to no avail but I will try again! lol Thank you guys for all your help though! And if anyone does indeed run across a solution please send away!

OldPaint

can you answer one question?
WHAT DOES 64 BIT OS do any better for all the applications you work in?
would it not be better to have that new super dooper pooper scooper WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER, running a 32 bit environment so you can use older equipment with no problems?
IF YOU just bought the computer, i would take it back to whoever sold it to you, and have install a WIN 7 32 BIT, then if in time you need 64 bit, YOU CAN UPGRADE TO IT. for now 64 bit is not user freindly for you.
IF YOU HAVENT GOT A LOT ON THAT HARD DRIVE, save the files, OR GET ANOTHER HD and load it with XP or WIN 7 32 bit.
i upgraded the wifes computer to WIN 7 PRO, but stayed with 32 bit. everything that was working in VISTA, works in WIN 7.

WildWestDesigns

can you answer one question?
WHAT DOES 64 BIT OS do any better for all the applications you work in?
would it not be better to have that new super dooper pooper scooper WINDOWS 7 COMPUTER, running a 32 bit environment so you can use older equipment with no problems?
IF YOU just bought the computer, i would take it back to whoever sold it to you, and have install a WIN 7 32 BIT, then if in time you need 64 bit, YOU CAN UPGRADE TO IT. for now 64 bit is not user freindly for you.
IF YOU HAVENT GOT A LOT ON THAT HARD DRIVE, save the files, OR GET ANOTHER HD and load it with XP or WIN 7 32 bit.
i upgraded the wifes computer to WIN 7 PRO, but stayed with 32 bit. everything that was working in VISTA, works in WIN 7.

I'm pretty sure that with Win 7 Pro you can run XP in a virtual environment. Might want to try that before get too far into gloom and doom.

May or may not work, but worth a shot anyway.

OldPaint

works for "assimilating" XP environment..DOES NOTHING to change 64 bit to 32.
"Now, you’re probably wondering why 64-bit operating systems are being phased in and what benefits they deliver over their 32-bit predecessors – both legitimate questions. One of the most commonly cited differences is that the 32-bit architecture has a memory access limit of 4GB (2^32 bytes). This permits you to use about 2.75-3.5GB of RAM after IO reservations are factored in.

On paper, the 64-bit architecture can address 16 exabytes of memory (2^64), or more than 4 billion times that of its precursor. Consumer editions of Windows Vista permit from 8GB to 128GB of physical memory to be accessed, depending on the version. Windows 7 bumps that up to 192GB with the Professional version and above.

Other benefits of running a 64-bit OS include enhanced security with hardware-backed DEP, Kernel Patch Protection and mandatory driver signing.

This is all just scratching the surface, but I suppose the real question should be:

Why shouldn’t you install Windows x64?

The short answer is that you should go with Windows 7 64-bit unless you’re running a system well into its antiquity where driver support is going to become an issue.

Microsoft has useful online tools that can scan your system and external peripherals and give you an outlook of what's currently supported and what's not. A few useful links:

- Windows Vista Compatibility Center
- Windows 7 Compatibility Center (not yet available)
- Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Did you know?
Retail versions of Windows 7 will include both 32-bit & 64-bit discs on the box in case you are undecided or prefer to make the jump to the 64-bit version of the OS at a later time."

WildWestDesigns

works for "assimilating" XP environment..DOES NOTHING to change 64 bit to 32.

I think you mean "simulate". It works the same as having windows on a Mac machine. The biggest difference though between the two is that you don't need a program to run that virtual drive like you do on the Mac.

Your right, it won't change your overall system from 64 bit to 32 bit, but as far as your program is concerned running in that virtual XP mode, your computer is 32 bit.

Just like running Windows on your Mac, your Windows programs aren't going to know that your computer truly isn't a Windows based computer.

imagejim

will a new version of flexi run my old dinosaur of a cutter even on (don't yell oldpaint) a 64 bit system? At this point if I can avoid a HD wipe i'd like to if not no big deal I will wipe and load 32 bit. what if I upgrade the plotter to a newer graphtec? will I then be able to cut directly from corel thereby avoiding the HD wipe and the purchase of a vinyl program? :banghead:

imagejim

Just wanted to let every one know that I figured it out. Through blood sweat and tears I have risen above the mess that only hours ago I had created and out of the rubble climbed a fresh idea and a nicely cut piece of vinyl reading LoReM IpSuM. For anyone else that may be having this problem I simply changed the setting in the plotter from HPGL to GPGL and then loaded a new set of drivers. Instead of loading the proper FC7000 series drivers I instead changed it to FC4510-60 (yes I chose a random one) and success! So far it does everything I need it to. Oh and @OldPaint I'm still running everything on a 64 bit version of windows 7 pro. :D But at any rate this is to everyone! :thankyou: :U Rock: