• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corner cutter recommendation

MHester

I don't do very many radius corners, but when I have the need I sure wish I had one rather than outsourcing. I'm looking for a small table top corner manual corner punch that I can use on .040 aluminum and 3MM ACM board that cuts 1/2" radius. Don't want to spend more than $200 on it, if that's even possible. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Ardor Creative

The Lassco-Wizer CR50B is what you need. It's more than $200, but for 040 and ACM it works perfectly. Purchased mine from MyBinding.com, and pretty sure they had the lowest price. I probably have used mine at most a dozen times but it's gonna last me decades so the $300 was worth it

2B

Not within your budget, but we have been very happy with ours
got an Arbor Press from Harbor Freight, have done up to 080 alum

bannertime

the dies are built into the unit, 1/4 1/2 3/4 1 you rotate the base to the radius you want.

Do you ever feel like 1in is enough? Most of our premade sign blanks are 1 1/2in. I feel like it would be odd for us to move to 1in.

2B

Do you ever feel like 1in is enough? Most of our premade sign blanks are 1 1/2in. I feel like it would be odd for us to move to 1in.

Yes, We have reached out to the manufacture about doing a 1.5", 2", 2.5", 3" configuration.
we Have not heard back from them though, grated it was over a year ago. Maybe with the downtime, they would entertain the option more.

Last edited:

bannertime

Yes, We have reached out to the manufacture about doing a 1.5", 2", 2.5", 3" configuration.
we Have not heard back from them though, grated it was over a year ago. Maybe with the downtime, they would entertain the option more.

It would be a no brainier for us. We bought the arbor press as soon as we found out about their tools, but it was a hard stop after we found out what sizes were available. I don't want to spent $1000 of metal when it doesn't do what I need it to do. The hole punch is still enticing though.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Have you tried this? Can it actually cut acm, 040 and 063?
We have 2 of them and they work good. It takes some fiddling with it to get the die aligned when you set it up but not a big deal.
Also have a Lassco CR-50P and a mittler bros press with the 4 sided die. The Lassco doesnt do well with aluminum so we still use the cheap ones on 040 and 063, its faster than the press.

rjssigns

Couple decades ago I bought a fairly expensive die. Made a wood table(from scrap) with recess to hold the die. Last bit was the metal handle(also from scrap). It was a fun money saving project. Haven't tried cutting 0.040" aluminum though.

MHester

Thanks everyone for all your advice and recommendations :) This is the best place ever to get personal feedback, thank you Signs101 :) Y'all have a good day, and stay safe out there!