• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Correct printhead fuse for Mutoh Falcon Outdoor II

SignEx

Need some help finding correct fuse for my Falcon Outdoor II, Mutoh Part # MF-5012

My dist. called Mutoh and they said it was a 2 amp fuse, which they do not stock,
Suggested I just use a generic replacement fuse,

The people at GEI Wide format said it was a 5 amp fuse and they would have to order it from Mutoh.

So now I am unsure exactly which fuse size I need, I've attached a pic of fuse, Its a surface mount fuse with the number "50" on top.

Any input would be appreciated,

thanks

Attachments

• head fuse.jpg
    head fuse.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 142

TW3

We just had to replace our fuses on our 62" Mutoh printer. We took the board out and took it to GEI Wide Format in Canton, Ohio. They took the little black soldered fuses that also had 50 marked on the top of the fuse and replaced them by soldering little fuse holders onto the board. We can now replace the fuses by hand without having to solder them in next time. They put in fuses that are now white fuses. GEI Wide Format of Canton told us the fuses are 2 amp fuses. I hope this will help you out.

SignEx

Thanks

Just want to thank everyone for help,

I finally figured out that the correct fuse was a 2 amp Fast Blo type fuse,

Seems some Mutoh models use a 2 amp or 5 amp,

My Falcon Outdoor II should have a 2 amp , I've attached some before and after pics of
replaced fuses, I order fuses from FusesUnlimited, The actual part was a LittleFuse
0154002, It was the holder and fuse, Took the motherboard to my local RadioShack guy and he did a good job replacing fuses. Now if fuses blow they can be replaced without any soldering or etc.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 154
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 89