• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

corrupt PLT file

David Snider

When opening a certain plt file, I'm getting an "error reading file" message.

The file is viewable in the preview window when I go to open the file, but when I try to bring it in, I get the error message.

Any answers would be appreciated.

I've had corrupt files before, but they were usually blacked out in the preview window. Never have I been able to view it in the preview window.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Never had that happen with Omega. If you want to email me the file I'll try and open it. What version Omega are you running?

David Snider

Fred, The file is 145meg, probably not able to send, it has a lot of images in the file (first mistake).

However, I think it became corrupt when we were backing up our files on DVD.

I can't believe it's never happened to you! In the course of my 10 years using Omega, it's happened maybe 4 or 5 times.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've had CD's that wouldn't read but never a readable file that Omega told me was corrupt. With the CD's I've found that they are invariably readable on my iMac so at least I can retreive the file.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Tony Teveris

Omega PLT file corruption

The image you see in the Open / Import dialog is a very small thumbnail that is saved in the PLT file when it is saved. It sounds like the file is corrupt deeper into the file and not at the beginning. I really don't think Fred will have any luck opening it either. If you have time I could look at it but these type of problems always take a lot of time and there is no guarantee I can salvage it.