• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Couple Gerber 7.0 quirks after upgrading!

Splattgraphics

Couple things vexing us now that we upgraded to composer 7.0: Ungroup does not seem to work, so I cant slide items around, even when I cutpaste a repeat of the text, and in plotting mode, there are panel cutlines imposed that I don't need, and in the plotter settings it will not accept that my roll has 28 inches available. It reverts back to 11.75 inches persistently.
I'm running a summa T750, for the record.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
on the first, the update allows for dynamic grouping, so each time you group the objects it holds. so if you group A and B to make E, then C and D to make F, then group E and F, if you ungroup it will hold the A B C D groups. it's a feature other software has had for YEARS and gerber just added it. so you might have the problem that it's been grouped multiple times. try hitting F5 a couple more times and see if it works. of course, i have had bugs happen where even once doing that, it still won't ungroup properly and I end up CTRL dragging a copy so it doesn't hold any of the undo properties.

as for the plotter settings, can you tried going into the plotter settings in GSPplot, changing them, and then preferencing them? if you don't select to preference the settings, they won't hold. you'll also need to close and restart GSPplot.

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
depending when you upgraded there has been 2 updates "fixes" since release
help -> check for updates ................... see if that helps unless you're running the latest ver. now
also report it to Gerber/Lectra using the Gerber Problem and Enhancement Report Utility
I have a problem scrolling selection boxes, mouse & windows settings are fine it's either all or nothing scrolling I have to use the side bar slider

Adam.Foster

Sounds like you have Foil colors assigned to your job and an Edge installed and that would be why your jobs are paneled at 11.8".
As others stated I would also check for updates and see if you still have the issues. If you do call Gerber service at 800-828-5406 and a tech will call you back and can help. You can also PM me and I can try and help.