• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CR encoder error.

george7

mutoh spitfire.

Hello,

When I started my printer up last time... I performed a testprint. When I saw there was an issue with the media, ... before the head could hit it I opened the cover.
After that the printer system crashed.

Before that moment everything worked perfectly.

now the printer always starts with error E068 CR encoder error.
What I already did :)
- checked the sensor (in the service menu, you can see the sensor works... when moving the print head, the numbers change)
- moved the pint head left >> right...
- there is no dirt on sensor or strip.
- I started the printer on multiple head positions
- Did a reset of allmost everything in the service menu.
- I bought a new CR encoder sensor .... same issue (the sensor reads the numbers)... but immediately > CR encoder error.

Then I called mutoh... and they say.. "If you did all the tests above", and based on how the error occurs , they say replace main board.
But I can't hardly believe there is something wrong with the mainboard, ... I can access every menu. Only the stupid E068 error.
The people of Mutoh say that a E068 error on our model does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with the CR encoder sensor or strip. They said that it can literally be everything.

But a new mainboard is such expansive gamble... if it still not works afterwards.

Maybe someone here has experience with this error?... because I saw large amounts of posts on this forum with the E068 error....

Thank you!

h82loose

what model Mutoh? I am guessing that you opened the door right as the head was releasing from the maintenance station. I bet the head lock is that sticks up from the machine is bent. It needs to be perfectly straight up. PM me if you need help