• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crashing!!

ICEdesign

Well lately the mimaki has been crashing due to the computer crashing..we installed a new firewire card because the old sucked and was crashing also. I also noticed that we have a fwire port in the front and the back..one being directly on the motherboard and the one of front being on a seperate port..and if i plug one in the front and one in the back..wont let me run the both mimaki because its saying that they can NOT be connected on the same port.

so anyways..like i said..we've been having that crashing problem were we get an error 23 (host connection) and the computer then bombs. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem with a separate fwire card? Just sucks when im in the middle of a 10ft banner and boom :p

btw..im running XP with a quad core duo. 1 jv3-75spII and 1 jv3-130spII. For now im running just one at a time with one cord..seems to be working good and no problems..but also running it from the fwire port on the back of the motherboard. I seem to only run into problems with its on the new fwire card.

sorry bout all this jumble of stuff..im just typing as i think :p

GK

I would check your device manager first to see if its reporting any errors. If the old one was doing it too and now this one is, maybe you have a bad PCI slot.

Letterbox Mike

Do you have the correct Mimaki Firewire Driver? There's something about the firewire card and the specific chipset in it that has a huge impact on how well it communicates with the printer, as well as having the right driver from Mimaki. You might call Mimaki tech support and explain the problem and ask them to email you the right driver. We were having a similar problem a month ago when we got a new RIP computer, I downloaded the most recent driver on Mimaki's site, but it wasn't working right so they emailed me a different version on on the website and that solved the problem.

Also, how long is your Firewire cable? Do you have an inline booster on it? What kind of firewire card did you get (I'm told it should have the Texas Instruments chipset, others have been problematic)?

ICEdesign

oo and as for the driver...from what i know..its the up to date one..but ill send mimaki an email and get the most up to date one.

Letterbox Mike

Like I said, you might not want or need the most recent one, just a different version of the driver. Also, I know they say 15' is OK for firewire, but it may be too long, can you add a booster or move the computer closer?

ICEdesign

and just downloaded the latest 12/11/07 driver...so we'll see how that goes first..if not..then the mimaki gets it!

CALMARK

Just had problems with my JV3 firewire (Host 23 errors) Fixed it with a new Adaptec 4300 card. Thought it was the Mimaki firewire card ($700)
Hope you're still up and running :thumb:

Typestries

have you ripped a lot of files? is your available disk space less than 1gb? If so, start trashing! Most rips need 10 gb available for a scratch disk for rendering and data transfer to the printer. The disk space issue has caused printer crashes for us across three devices and three separate machines. It's a simple, yet common issue. Check it out, may or may not help.

Goatboy

with firewire cards you need to enable the PCI bridge for data transfer. Im running into the same problem with a machine I retro fit Xp on from Vista. I have 2 JV3-160S which requires 2 firewire cards. One will work the other I can get the card install but since its a vista designed MB Ive been digging for a PCI bridge driver for XP. The card shows its installed and running properly but in the PCI section it has the Yellow exclamation point of death beside the bridge.