• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique my Card

QualitySigns

Hello everyone. Attached you will find a business card design for my sign business. The images shown represent the front and the back of the card. I would appreciate your comments, both positive and negative. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Business Card - Front.jpg
    Business Card - Front.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Business Card - Back.jpg
    Business Card - Back.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

showcase 66

Seems a little off balance. Not getting the Black band on the front. Not sure if you need to put "phone" and "Email" on the card. Just my opinion. Other than that. It is easy to read.

QualitySigns

Seems a little off balance. Not getting the Black band on the front. Not sure if you need to put "phone" and "Email" on the card. Just my opinion. Other than that. It is easy to read.
Thank you for your input. More comments please.

ForgeInc

agree with csdd, black band doesn't do much for me, Also not a fan of the "see us on the web" copy, I'd just go with your url. But other than that pretty clean.

Personally, I don't think a bullet list of services adds anything to a card, ever. it just clutters it up and makes any business seem "mom and pop" to me or like they are trying too hard, That's what websites are for. but I guess it's all about your audience.I like your logo, it would look cool on it's own on front of card, with your info on the back. just an idear.

Custom_Grafx

agree with csdd, black band doesn't do much for me, Also not a fan of the "see us on the web" copy, I'd just go with your url. But other than that pretty clean.

Personally, I don't think a bullet list of services adds anything to a card, ever. it just clutters it up and makes any business seem "mom and pop" to me or like they are trying too hard, That's what websites are for. but I guess it's all about your audience.I like your logo, it would look cool on it's own on front of card, with your info on the back. just an idear.

I agree with this, and just the logo looks great on its own - like in your signature.

Signs and Design is all you really need to say I think - I agree about the bullet list.

I would consider logo on front - large. Small logo in top corner maybe on back with your name, and your details.

The logo looks quite nice, and I like the script text especially... and this makes the other text look really plain, a bit like copy/pasting something nice into word, then just writing plain text around it. I'm not sure what can be done, but I would explore some other fonts or stylizing the text somehow... I would stay away from dropshadow at that size though.

Edserv

Looks awesome. Your colors and content rock! The only thing I would add is a "call to action" meaning an offer for people to call or contact you.
Place somewhere on your card: "20% OFF your first order" (with disclaimers) or "FREE Marketing Consultation If You Mention This Reference Number"
Believe me- it works. It turns an otherwise "normal" business card into a "marketing-magnet!"
good luck, thanks for sharing, I really like your design skills!
chris
Lets Go Banners

petesign

one thing to think about... I did my first set of cards double sided like yours, and regretted not leaving a place to write on the back somewhere. I don't know how you could make the back more "pen friendly", but you might consider it.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
make the back more "pen friendly", but you might consider it.

agree'd...

put the contact info on the front and give yourself some space on the back that is pen friendly

TheSellOut

I really like your logo!! but I agree that the black bar is hurting the BC design...that with the swoosh and your logo creates a lot of conflicting elements that you could simplify to make this a stronger layout!

Overall it's a great start and you are getting some good advise like having more writable white space on the back. I also like your "QS" and would keep it especially if you want to brand that with your image! Nice work!

Attachments

• Quality Signs.jpg
    Quality Signs.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 51

GoodPeopleFlags

I'll be different and say that I like the first design. Only thing I would do is make the text with your info a little thinner. I like bullet points on the back. Sometimes people don't realize all of the things you can do.

Custom_Grafx

I really like your logo!! but I agree that the black bar is hurting the BC design...that with the swoosh and your logo creates a lot of conflicting elements that you could simplify to make this a stronger layout!

Overall it's a great start and you are getting some good advise like having more writable white space on the back. I also like your "QS" and would keep it especially if you want to brand that with your image! Nice work!

+1

I like that

QualitySigns

You guys are great! I have been in the sign business for 26 years now, and I don't know about you, but for me, the hardest thing to do is design something for myself. I have found that fellow sign people are one of the greatest resources to overcome this.

A question for petesign: what have you used the "pen friendly" back of your business card for?

Heath: nice idea - I will tinker with that one a bit and see what I come up with.

I will post a revised card using the ideas posted here for further critique. Any more comments on this one?

THANK YOU!