• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Critique my company website please. What to do next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

londonmoon

Okay, so I've set up a design to represent roadside assistance on my website, is it passable? What else am I missing before promoting it on a full scale Here is my website....... -> Motor Club of America <-

I'm open for suggestions, thank you all in advance!
- Londonmoon

Craig Sjoquist

Well..... Putting the price out there to be seen right off both good & bad about that

the bad it scares them away fast since it is twice the price of any big name service, the good it lets them know right off costs.

Normally you try to lead them into buying your service they need good solid reasons, since it is high priced.

I did not go past home page cause that is what I saw

londonmoon

Thanks for the criticism everyone and yes it has truly enlightened me and yes I do have been designing logos for awhile, thanks a lot.

DravidDavid

Cool website over-all. But my nit-picky self can't help but point out the following:

Landing Page:

- Not really liking the way the colour scheme has been integrated. The gradients make it look like a website from 2004
- The different fonts make it look a little scruffy
- The size of the center aligned container on the far right is larger in size or slightly misaligned
- I'd recommend making "Join Now" under the Audi larger.
- The heading "A trusted company since 1926" looks a little out of place. It looks as if it was a bit of an afterthought rather than integrated with the website.

About:

- About page looks good, but I'd change the link at the bottom to a button (I'm refering to "Click here for MCA Plans") It's also improperly centered.

Careers:

- Stock image needs to go. Everybody knows a stock image when they see one and it looks unprofessional. Even if it was a cool car, that would be better.
- I get an error code 16 (Access denied/Request blocked) message from whatever application is running below "Become Independent Associate" (Which is also grammatically incorrect from what I know)

Contacts:

- Contacts page is fine, except you may want to change the formatting a little to stop words splitting at the margins.
- I know they are becoming mainstream, but a GMail account should be temporary. A fixed email account with a proper domain is a MUST if you are going to claim you are a trusted company since 1926. You will find some companies block or refuse to interact with GMail or other free account providers. You also have little to no recourse when it comes to spam related issues if they come up in the future.

FAQ:

- FAQs look good! Nicely formatted, well presented in general. Maybe look in to ways to consolidate the questions so they are easier to read on a page so users can find the questions they want to ask and expand the answers relative to them, rather than having to wade through questions and answers which clutter the page (for them that is)

Not really a critique, but an observation of what other companies have done with their FAQs page.

--

I don't see a problem with the pricing presented how it is. I guess you could always make a "Pricing" page and have your landing page focus on selling the product first and link towards the pricing page later. Maybe try both for 6 months each and see which one works the best?

Cheers,
David

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
On several pages you're using a gmail email address. In my opinion people will see you as a fly by night scam site. Why wouldn't you use your email associated with the site?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
My impression was this is a temporary location until he's ready to go live, but the phrasing and the gmail address make it sound like a scam.

londonmoon

Thanks everyone for your input, I really appreciate the feedback....I needed that! No, it's definitely not a scam site but I see your point. I was waiting on someone to point out the URL name :) and the plates......and I'll change that immediately. Anymore suggestions? I'd love to hear them.....thanks again!

davearama

How's it show on Google3

Almost as important as anything else is how does it show on Google?

When you put in a common sign search term and add a localizer-i.e. Signs Columbus OH where do you show up. Great looking website on page two isn't much good if you want the site to bring you business. If you just want something pretty there's lots of sites that do that.

A decent enough site that shows on page one, and more specifically on the first couple of listings is many times better that a pretty site n page two. My site signaramacolumbus.com is far from the web's finest moment but it brings me calls and email every day. I'll take it over all the pretty boy sites on page two all day. The statistics for listings on page two and even listings past the first four or five on Google aren't pretty. Odds are you'll never be seen. Decent search engine optimization is a huge piece of the puzzle.

Status
Not open for further replies.