• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Crooked Black Lines on Test Print-Prints Fuzzy

bobbiffxx

I need help! Please look at this test print. It's only the black. The head got caught on the edge of perforated window material and hasn't been printing right since. I have soaked the heads with cleaning solution and cleaned everything. Ink is going into the waste tank. Before I clear the lines, I want to make sure that this isn't caused by something else.
attachment.php.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 127

DravidDavid

What kind of printer spits out that kind of test? I've not seen it before.

Otherwise, the only thing you can do is swab to remove possible contaminants from the strike causing misdirection. If it does not come right, it's probably a damaged black head. :(

bobbiffxx

Oh I forgot! It's a ValueJet 1204. And it doesn't look like there is anything on the head. When that happened I cleaned everything.

artbot

you've probably jammed some dried ink into the nozzles. if normal cleaning isn't working, i'd put a cleaning cart on your black channel and print large blocks of "black" (cleaning solution) on to some waste material.

bobbiffxx

you've probably jammed some dried ink into the nozzles. if normal cleaning isn't working, i'd put a cleaning cart on your black channel and print large blocks of "black" (cleaning solution) on to some waste material.
Thank you! I will try that. And it makes sense as I haven't kept it very clean and when that happened it brought a chunk of gooey ink on the head. I've done a LOT of cleanings and a couple "little charge"s also.

bobbiffxx

Artbot can you please explain how do do this? I've tried Googling this with no luck. Thanks for your help!

artbot

assuming that your printer requires chips on the carts, one of the easiest ways is to inject cleaning solution into an old cart (a little trace ink won't hinder the process). or steal the chip and place it on a clear aftermarket cart. just depends on your set up.

RG

I don't mean to cut in on artbot--he's forgot more about large format printing than I will ever know. But, I'll put in my 2 cents worth. You should take a usable smart cart off a black ink cartridge and stick it onto a cleaning cartridge. This tricks the printer into thinking that you have a black ink cart installed. Be sure to get the smart card in the right position.

bobbiffxx

I don't mean to cut in on artbot--he's forgot more about large format printing than I will ever know. But, I'll put in my 2 cents worth. You should take a usable smart cart off a black ink cartridge and stick it onto a cleaning cartridge. This tricks the printer into thinking that you have a black ink cart installed. Be sure to get the smart card in the right position.

Ugh...that's what I'll do then. Why do they even have these cartridges without the card?
Thanks guys!