CS5 educational

CentralSigns

Just wondering has anyone used the educational version of CS5. Is it fully functionable. I don't use it I use Corel X3, but my daughter needs photoshop, for a school program. I thought of maybe getting her the full suite for $500 they want, and evaluating the suite at the same time, for our sign shop. I'm also looking at a web design course that would require dreamweaver as well. Any ideas on this ? thanks

iSign

if I'm not mistaken, the only difference is acceptance of a user license prohibiting any commercial use, so for your daughter, and your own evaluation purposes, i believe it is the full enchilada, for a fraction of the cost!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I've used the academic cersion of Illustrator CS, and it was 100% functional and printed no "academic use only" watermarks. I would imagine newer software is the same.

You can download a free 30 day, fully functional demo of the commercial software if you want to give it a test drive first.

Educational version also only allows for 1 computer to be running the programs at one time instead of the 3 computers with the "full" version. I looked at getting that version as well when I was still getting my Masters, but I needed to put it on at least 2 computers.