• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Curtain Side Trailer Graphics

smdgrfx

Has anyone done any curtain side trailer graphics? I have a customer wanting graphics installed, but they said vinyl on vinyl wouldn't work. I don't see why not, since we do it all the time with scrim vinyl. Does anyone have any experience with this?

G-Artist

I think your customer has experience.

Those sides either get rolled or folded a lot.

Even a perfectly made banner (vinyl/vinyl) will look like crap after being rolled and folded
a few dozen times.

For the purposes of flexibility (and non-cracking) I'd be thinking a water-based sign paint on
those sides once the surface was properly cleaned and prepped.

I am far from an expert at that so I'll be watching the replies in this thread.

Mikeifg

They make a vinyl for those units. 3M I've done them before very rubbery vinyl and you need to have someone behind the curtain with a board to create a hard surface to squeegee to. It's a pita.

smdgrfx

Mikeifg,

I was thinking I could use high performance 3M vinyl and just lay the sides down and apply vinyl as normal. I'm just trying to find out if anyone has done this. According to some of the sites that sell the side curtains, the vinyl is PVC based.

I definitely was not thinking of trying to hang a banner over it.

smdgrfx

I will look into it tomorrow. Thanks. I already quoted them on painting, but I would much rather use a special vinyl if possible. Do you know what this special vinyl is called by chance?