• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Large Murals

96XP

* 'Portfolio Board' ✅

* 'Show off PICS of your work' ✅

(However, scenes are too large to be appreciated as single/compressed image - thus, formatted as video in order to feature details)

Rush to judgement

regardstobuck

* 'Portfolio Board' ✅

* 'Show off PICS of your work' ✅

(However, scenes are too large to be appreciated as single/compressed image - thus, formatted as video in order to feature details)

Rush to judgement
This response perfct ✅
Nice work!

victor bogdanov

But you don't show the actual printed mural, just zooming in on a digital photo.

graphics remind me of some of the video games I play

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Nice stuff, thanks for sharing.

Would be cool to see the actual wall wrap installed! Do you do all your work in Photoshop?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think it looks very nice and is a very nice presentation.

For those who are mocking it..... just don't have an eye for this kinda art. For people who are contemplating buying this for a back wall kitchen scene or a restaurant, I'm sure a prospective buyer would really be into looking at these and more if ya have 'em.

:thumb:

96XP

Whereas, and in fact, back in the days before computer design and digital printers saturated the industry, myself and a few others (in my circle) created murals with a variety of air brushes.
Scenes this size with details would have been cost prohibitive in the day, not to mention the number of hours with hands on to bring it to fruition without burning-out.

My first attempt at going digital in this field (murals) was back in '05.
A few years later, and I was building custom scenes for family entertainment outfits.
They were processed (out-of-house) onto welded/perforated vinyl panels, and mounted as displays.

Again, yet a few years later, and here I am once again working larger than life and able to offer more to the scene than was once possible.
Best part is they are now cost effective and able to ship world wide.

The videos I posted are actually for my client, who is doing a large renovation this year.
Plans are to have outdoor family friendly nature scenes inside the building.
And doing large work, including canvas, is my passion - because of the ability to engage the viewer with more details.

Scene elements are mainly rendered with Keyshot; post work in Photoshop.
Takes a few days to build, and computer power is essential for large renders, particularly when adding sub surface scattering, ray tracing, shadows, anti-alias, custom lighting, textures etc...
That said, I have an NVIDIA RTX A5500 and SpaceMouse Pro to connect - once I get to upgrading the OS on the render machine. (both requiring min Win 10 - though still using 7 Pro)

As for mounting,
I have printed and installed directly onto painted surfaces, Coroplast and window perf.
I'll be needing some advice however, from anyone who's worked with interior wallpaper type mediums for commercial install.
So if anyone can help me out in that department, please chime in.

---

Didn't come to make a sale, though simply sharing my passion.

And to those who dropped in with kind comments, I thank you.

victor bogdanov

Every time I play warthunder I get an idea to use it to create mural designs. There are so many scenic levels. Your designs totally reminded me of the game

1.jpg

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Why am I not surprised Victor plays war games. I am a little surprised he plays video games... Must be part of that home school curriculum... Or that's what he does while his kids run his printers for those hundreds of stickers he sells on Etsy?

victor bogdanov

Why am I not surprised Victor plays war games. I am a little surprised he plays video games... Must be part of that home school curriculum... Or that's what he does while his kids run his printers for those hundreds of stickers he sells on Etsy?
I try to get 45 minutes every night while my son plays Portal 2, pretty good educational game for him.

But I haven't watched TV or a movie in probably 5 years, I guess most people would be watching TV at this time

96XP

Late reply here (as I was away).
LED lighting, never does justice to colors in the prints.

Q:
What are other options to preserve true colors when taking indoor pictures?

Attachments

• _MG_8398.JPG
    _MG_8398.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 144
  • _MG_8403.JPG
    _MG_8403.JPG
    372 KB · Views: 130
  • _MG_8405.JPG
    _MG_8405.JPG
    679.6 KB · Views: 135

JBurton

Signtologist
I try to get 45 minutes every night while my son plays Portal 2, pretty good educational game for him.

But I haven't watched TV or a movie in probably 5 years, I guess most people would be watching TV at this time
Get him a copy of 'Outer Wilds', it's very much in the same vein as portal, as far as a game that doesn't involve killing, just creative problem solving. (Not to be confused with 'Outer Worlds', that game is fine, but not nearly as mind blowing)
Also you get the best banjo tunes since Deliverance!

Q:
Am I the only one who imports everything with an automatic 180 degree rotation? I like to snap a shot for customers and have it printing right side up.
Aside from that, looks good, you could try getting a 'real' camera and mess with all those fancy settings like iso and exposure to get the truer tones.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

Q:
Look into color corrected lighting and bulbs with a CRI over 90.

victor bogdanov

Get him a copy of 'Outer Wilds', it's very much in the same vein as portal, as far as a game that doesn't involve killing, just creative problem solving. (Not to be confused with 'Outer Worlds', that game is fine, but not nearly as mind blowing)
Also you get the best banjo tunes since Deliverance!

Am I the only one who imports everything with an automatic 180 degree rotation? I like to snap a shot for customers and have it printing right side up.
Aside from that, looks good, you could try getting a 'real' camera and mess with all those fancy settings like iso and exposure to get the truer tones.
Ok will check it out, looks great from the steam page