• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Custom Lock Out Tag Out tags

Gary Welch

Premium Subscriber
garyroy Attached. They are 2.25 x 4.75 inches. I need 66,000 with a hole top center. Obviously they need to be written on. My customer says cardstock or whatever.
Do you have a pic of this item?

Attachments

• LOTO Correct.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 126
  • LOTO Correct.pdf
    14.4 KB · Views: 103

netsol

what is a lock out tag? is that for when a piece of equipment failed inspection?

or is that what we should have used in the ugly incident 45 years ago that ended with me getting 12 wire stitcher staples through my finger?

Stacey K

I like making signs
what is a lock out tag? is that for when a piece of equipment failed inspection?

or is that what we should have used in the ugly incident 45 years ago that ended with me getting 12 wire stitcher staples through my finger?
They put tags on when it either fails inspection or they are repairing it.

As far as 45 years ago...I feel like this LOTO thing is from the 90's...12 wire stitcher staples through your finger? YIKES!!!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
They use them when they are repairing or during maintenance, it gets accompanied by a hasp lock. This way, nobody can go accidently flip the breaker on or start a machine while someone is working on it. Each individual that works on it puts their own lock on the hasp so in theory, the only way it can become un locked is if everyone that was working on it has removed their lock. If you follow this, nobody can get forgotten inside to get killed when the unit it reenergized. You can just tag out machines that are down as long as nobody is working on them.

Attachments

• tagout.jpg
    tagout.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 90

Stacey K

I like making signs
They use them when they are repairing or during maintenance, it gets accompanied by a hasp lock. This way, nobody can go accidently flip the breaker on or start a machine while someone is working on it. Each individual that works on it puts their own lock on the hasp so in theory, the only way it can become un locked is if everyone that was working on it has removed their lock. If you follow this, nobody can get forgotten inside to get killed when the unit it reenergized. You can just tag out machines that are down as long as nobody is working on them.
Yes! I remember that from the olden days of working in the factory. The locks with locks...was always interesting to see how many locks they could fit on it.

jochwat

Graphics Department
The company I work for makes these. Screen-printed on plastic. So how do the rules work regarding the recommendation of a non-Merchant Member if it's your own employer? Hmmmm...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
The company I work for makes these. Screen-printed on plastic. So how do the rules work regarding the recommendation of a non-Merchant Member if it's your own employer? Hmmmm...
send the OP a pm and keep it on the down low.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I've ordered tags in the past, they were die cut and you either get the sizes they offer or pay for tooling. It's a specialty trade, google will bring up quite a few options. I don't think you will find a wholesaler, you're gonna have to get your price and mark it up or tell the customer where they can find them.

LarryB

Ennis Tag & Label makes these for me in Tyvek with good pricing. You will need to register to be a distributor.

garyroy

I could make these, but 66,000, wow, that would only be a $$$ race to the bottom.
You might want to try the guys who really do them in bulk.

LockOutTag.com

A few considerations: Overall size, laminate or no, card stock or plastic, grommet or no, etc.

Stacey K

I like making signs
This is starting to sound like a job it might be worth directing the customer to a reputable website. Yesterday someone wanted a roll of flourescent green vinyl. I told him to check out Signwarehouse himself to save some money. Really what I was thinking with all the shortages on vinyl I will likely spend more time than it's worth checking vendors for a roll of vinyl that I won't make much money on.

If you make .02 each it's $1320 .05 each = $3,300