• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

customer provided art with possible copyright issues

BillyBoy86

"i want my new sign to look like my new business cards"
me: sir, your new business car is your name added to standard vista print templates, i've talked to 7 other business owners this week with the same business card. i think you may want to come up something a little more unique.
"no way, this is my new logo"

reQ

"i want my new sign to look like my new business cards"
me: sir, your new business car is your name added to standard vista print templates, i've talked to 7 other business owners this week with the same business card. i think you may want to come up something a little more unique.
"no way, this is my new logo"
Ahaha, happens here also. Roughly 2-3 years ago i had like 4 contractors stopping by for a 4x8 coro sign for highway to make... and their business cards look exactly the same "Hand with hammer" from vistaprint template )))

BillyBoy86

Ahaha, happens here also. Roughly 2-3 years ago i had like 4 contractors stopping by for a 4x8 coro sign for highway to make... and their business cards look exactly the same "Hand with hammer" from vistaprint template )))

happens to me pretty often,
i just don't get how people think a template from a website is their new logo.

sometimes, for fun, it'll go like this.
customer comes in for whatever reason, with their new cards. let's say this guy is a plumber
and the day before, i saw the same exact card for a painting business,
i'll ask if they are affiliated....like, "oh do you know so and so painting?
they won't usually, and they won't know why i thought they were affiliated.

gabagoo

OK guys, how many here have ever been sued for just this problem? that's what i thought!!! Move along now, nothing here:omg:

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
When you get a file from someone, with a photo in it and zoom in and see the remainders of an almost photoshopped out watermark, it's a red flag.