• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Customer wants to pre-purchase printed heat transfers

Hi,

A local high school wants to pre-purchase printed heat transfers for there 100% polyester shirts (Which they will bring the shirts in as they need them) I'm not selling them the shirts. He wants me to price any where from 10-100 left chest logos.

My question is has any body ever dealt with having the customer pre purchase and they bring the shirts in as needed? Do you charge them for just the logos and when they bring the shirts in charge them for the install? I don't know if they will bring 1 in at a time or 10.

Thanks!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
kinda sounds like the customer is telling you how to run your business instead of you telling him how it needs to be done.

I understand sometimes you need to jump through hoops for clients, but this sounds a little overboard.

We have done this. We charged for the number of logos, and for the installation up front. Charged slightly more for the install as they were going to be per piece, and not all together. Then we gave them all the transfers so they are responsible for them. As they brought them in, we would just slap on the transfer as needed when we were doing shirts.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know much about heat transfers, but this sounds like a recipe for disaster from a business viewpoint. What if he comes in with 2 or 3 at a time or 1 or 2 ?? You hafta stop everything and do his 2 or 3 shirts ?? I'd be telling him about the set up fees and knock down fees and how much extra its gonna cost doing onesies and twosies. Tell him he needs to have a minimum count.... whatever you want like 25 or 50 at a pop.

We have real estate customers who wanna get 2 or 3 ryder panels at a time. I always tell them, save them up til ya need a dozen. Otherwise, you'll hit our shop minimum.... $165.

fresh

I do a lot of heat transfer apparel items and I probably wouldn't have a problem doing this as long as I had flexibility when they bring the shirts in. But honestly, I'm not a fan of customer-supplied shirts, since you don't really know what you're going to get, and if you have a problem its really hard to replace.

Anyway, I'd charge them for the entire lot of just the transfers, then charge them as they go for the install. BUT i'd have a minimum charge and a price guide based on qty. For example, I'd press up to 4 shirts for $30, and then I'd charge $5 each additional shirt. So if one person comes in, it would still be $30.

AND I most likely would not do it while they wait. I don't keep my heat press on all the time, it takes time to warm up and I'm never sitting around waiting to make a whopping $30.

TXFB.INS

We have done this. We charged for the number of logos, and for the installation up front. Charged slightly more for the install as they were going to be per piece, and not all together. Then we gave them all the transfers so they are responsible for them. As they brought them in, we would just slap on the transfer as needed when we were doing shirts.

this and we price them for doing a 1 off.
We then tell the customer if you bring XXX of the shirts in at once you will receive a shop credit on the next order. Also if any transfer needs to be replaced will be XXX amount