• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cut direct from Corel

edwin

How do I cut directly from corel draw?

I am currently exporting from corel/importing into LXI then cutting.

Checkers

Hiya Edwin,
It depends on your plotter.
Post your plotter info, and if Old paint can help you out, he would be the one with the knowledge to make it happen :)
Anlther good source is www.letterhead.com/ubb. Do a search or browse the archives. Besides OP, there's sevral others that have posted information on this.

Checkers

Leondo

I have tried asking this question but its like a sacred question not to ask anywhere because only the elders know and keep it a secret and only the people in the secret society will find out that answer.....

I have a Master 24" and im still copying and pasting.

WVB

Rolands/Graphtecs both come with drivers for cutting directly from Illustrator/Corel. I know this question has been answered either here or on another board. I can not remember which. I too own a Panther 24" and was cutting directly from Illustrator with the Roland driver without issues. I now use Flexipro and illustrator to design in. If you like you can also look into a bridge program such as CoCut or CoCut Pro.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Leondo said:
I have tried asking this question but its like a sacred question not to ask anywhere because only the elders know and keep it a secret and only the people in the secret society will find out that answer.....

I have a Master 24" and im still copying and pasting.

Not a member of the secret society... and will now undermine any effort I may have in getting in but the sad truth is you can't print directly from Corel with a Masters cutter... unless you buy a bridge program like co-cut that works like a plug-in with it...
If you bought your cutter from DeSay they probably lied to you like they did to me when I bought it... they told me it would cut from Illustrator and it won't. Period. Not without additional software.

Leondo

BigdawgDesign said:
Not a member of the secret society... and will now undermine any effort I may have in getting in but the sad truth is you can't print directly from Corel with a Masters cutter... unless you buy a bridge program like co-cut that works like a plug-in with it...
If you bought your cutter from DeSay they probably lied to you like they did to me when I bought it... they told me it would cut from Illustrator and it won't. Period. Not without additional software.

Thanks for the info, how is co-cut? I got the Flexi instead of the co-cut which was probably a mistike because i design only in corel and dont need to use flexi's design section so now i copy and paste into flexi and cut from there which is a pain.

And now you ruined your chances to get into the secret squirrel society!

Bigdawg

Just Me
I am not running co-cut now, but if we get any busier it will be an investment I will definitely make. I think Techman runs it - you can look up the posts - and may be able to tell you more.

We got EasySign with the cutter instead of Flexi because they told me that was what I needed to cut from Illustrator. That was just flat wrong. We are importing our file into EasySign and cutting from there. Pain in the rear end, but it's what we have to do for now.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Leondo said:
Thats what it was... Easysign, i almost got that one. They said it cuts form Corel.
Not true. What it does is auto-import your graphic into EasySign but you still have to cut from EasySign - you can't just use a print command in Corel or Illustrator.
Tees me off because I researched first before I bought to make sure it would cut from Illustrator. May not have made a difference in my final decision but I HATE being lied to.. although I think they really believe that the auto-import is just as good as cutting from the program.

Cutting directly from Corel or Illustrator is way over-rated. You have to send your jobs through a printer port and you give up all the tools available in the production manager. Weed borders, rotating to make best use of the vinyl, multiple cuts of the same graphic, color pauses, panelling for big graphics, etc. Without a production manager you have to do all that stuff manually...too time consuming. I design in Corel and copy and paste into Flexi...way faster than giving up your production manager.

Techman

Corel and Cocut,, the only way to fly. All you have to do is get the trial.. It does everthing any other software can do. And it has a great production manager.
I would swear it was copied by a few other ssign software packages.

Yeah, I have Co-Cut on another computer. It's easy to use and works great, too. The original poster already has Flexi, though. No need to buy something else when he already has a good program with a fine production manager. Copying and pasting isn't that much trouble.

Cadmn

I'm lucky I went roland because I cut straight from Corel & I love it It will rotate & all I wasn't aware of the secret society but hey I've seen OP help with this & other corel stuff he's helped me with lots so I try to carry on the tradition. I think I would possibly try drivers & see if I could find one that crosses over of course many say its not as good as using an intermediator program . good luck & God bless

OldPaint

dont know about MASTER CUTTER.....ROLANDS are all ive had. learned the hard way...youre to funny...i been cutting from COREL since version 3. ITS THAT SIMPLE & EASY!!!
"Weed borders, rotating to make best use of the vinyl, multiple cuts of the same graphic, color pauses, panelling for big graphics, etc". I DO ALL OF THE ABOVE except the color pause(what the heck ever that is)weed border is a box....you put around text IF YOU NEED IT!! i can rotate any direction in corel. multiple cuts...TELL THE PRINTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU want it to do the cut....gee some tuff stuff here. now paneling a large drawing requires some skill .........not for the doo doo bird. i can explain it really simple but its easier over the phone. let see i been cuttin since 1993(paintin a lot longer)..........does that tell ya anything?
ive used:
FLEXI, SIGNLAB, INSPIRE, SIGN WIZARD, PRO-CUT, VMPRO, LETTER ART 8.0 .....and ive used GERBER 6.0, now there is waste of time....is so dummmy oreinted you can do nothin without doin it 3 times....so you dont make any mistakes i guess. its the LEAST SIGN PROGRAM i would ever use. it and LETTER ART are useless. i guess ill just keep on doin what i do...WORKS FER ME!!!!!

I didn't mean that those things couldn't be done in Corel. Just that you have to do it manually, where a production manager does it with a couple of clicks. No way is it as easy to duplicate and align 20 copies of a hunting club decal in corel when you can pull up one copy in production manager and type 20...20 copies magically appear all lined up perfectly and ready to cut, weed borders and all.

I've done it all manually before...including panelling a large graphic...and no, it's not for the "doo doo bird". I just say it's easier to do many of these operations with a production manager. Especially for a lot of the beginners we have on this forum who don't know how to do the things with Corel that you and I can do.

By the way, I've been cutting since '99 and I've handled a brush before, too, although I have never tried to make a living with a brush. I do, however, make a living with modern signmaking technology. I am quite proficient with my computers, my various software, my cutters, my printers, my bucket truck, my crane and all the other tools I use to make and install signs. Although I hope to never stop learning, I have been pretty successful with what I know so far, so I guess I'll keep doing what I do, too. Cause it's been workin' fer me, too.

Ken

print/cut from corel...

So, if i do "print setup" in corel and tell it to use the versa-camm as the printer, it will work--cut lines and all?
My first machine was a stika 12 and I was able to cut directly from corel with that. I didn't even think that the versa-camm would accept a file from corel. Does it have to be saved as an .eps first?
You're blowin me away with this revelation.
I'll have more questions about this... if this is true!
TIA...Ken

Ken

Well I just tried the above and I get an unknown printer message from the sp300 monitor that pops up?
Ken

OldPaint

you need to asing a LINE and a value of HAIRLINE or the smallest line width available. this should make it work as a PRINT. all rolands do is see anything sent to them as HPGL.
one of the oldest formats for computer/printer/plotter. for the objects you print you need to make line same color as object