• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Numbers & Letters Pricing

lkt1954

Does anyone have a price list for cut numbers & letters by size (like 2" numbers are $ each) that they are willing to pm me?
I am trying to put together a reference sheet for my staff that they can quote various sizes of numbers/lettering from and I need a stating point.

Thanks
Larry

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know, really....... what somebody charges in hoboken, nj vs liverpool, uk has no bearing on what you need to make in order to keep your doors open. Just figure out your overhead, materials, time and whatever else you do to quote everything else and do some long division and come up with a system that works for YOUR shop.

signage

go to Wal Mart and see what they charge or go online an look. When you are out of business you will have no one but yourself to blame! how much $ to dig a hole?

Stacey K

I like making signs
I only have set pricing for commonly ordered things like boat registration numbers etc.
Don't forget...
If you have one guy come in for 1 - 11" high number and you only charge $6 and the next guy comes in and wants 6 - 11" numbers and you charge him $66 - it really takes only seconds more to create the extra 5 numbers and weed/mask/cut and pennies more for materials but you are $60 in a price difference. Make sure you have a minimum. Maybe a square foot approach might work?

truckgraphics

Does anyone have a price list for cut numbers & letters by size (like 2" numbers are $ each) that they are willing to pm me?
I am trying to put together a reference sheet for my staff that they can quote various sizes of numbers/lettering from and I need a stating point.

Thanks
Larry
We have a price for a pair of Truck doors, to include company name, USDOT, MC numbers and city or phone number.

We probably should set a price for just a pair, like USDOT, etc., though I usually just charge the minimum for that if it's in black or white.

Almost no one comes in and winds up buying just the USDOT numbers. That's what they ask for on the phone, but they need the whole door to be legal. I give them the door price. They say that's outrageous (it's not!), but then I ask, "Don't you need.....?" and most of the time they buy the door(s) and are appreciative.

kcollinsdesign

Old member
1x 1" letter: $74.00
1x 6" letter: $74.00
1x 12" letter: $74.00
6x 1" letters: $74.00
24x 1" letters: $74.00
48x 1" letters: $74.00
144x 1" letters: $74.00
6x 6" letters: $74.00
etc.

$74.00 sq. ft. for minimum 1" letters under 1 sq. ft. Add $12.00 sq. ft. for anything over 1 sq. ft. Double the price for under 1/2" letters. Charge whatever you want to for ornate, or super thin letters and script.

Ready

Ready To Go

Thanks
Larry
Hello Larry,

Tell what I can do. I'll send you an excel spread sheet. I will need an email address, however. Simple, yet informative and provides a square ft number for your costs. Take that number and multiply it by 3 or 3.5 or 4 or ??? and you have selling price Per Sq. Ft.

Got it a long time ago in galaxy far away!

Thanks... Bob P

Stacey K

I like making signs
We have a price for a pair of Truck doors, to include company name, USDOT, MC numbers and city or phone number.

We probably should set a price for just a pair, like USDOT, etc., though I usually just charge the minimum for that if it's in black or white.

Almost no one comes in and winds up buying just the USDOT numbers. That's what they ask for on the phone, but they need the whole door to be legal. I give them the door price. They say that's outrageous (it's not!), but then I ask, "Don't you need.....?" and most of the time they buy the door(s) and are appreciative.
I have a lot of people come in for boat registration number sets, you're right, very few just DOT sets, but I have a few! I have a file just for it and put them all in there with customers name next to them. At least half are perfectly fine with Impact font in black or white. I have a sheet printed with a few different fonts to choose from and the regulations. Also a disclaimer about the round letters/numbers will be slightly larger than the flat ones (learned that last year when a guy complained LOL). If they want colored vinyl it's extra and if I have to special order then they pay extra for that also.

karst41

For simple 2" Numbers I used $0.75 Each for years
But 2022 $0.80 per wiil be my rate.

A set of USDOT, MC, KYU, PCU Numbers are $30 to my large cllient who are ordering frequently.
Also with the large clients I do not charge setup fees for these items.

I will not cut lettering less than 0.375" in height,, hassle factor is huge and the rate is $0.85 per letter.
If it prints and cloud cuts, then that falls into the digital process.

Sign Craft used to have these rates but I am not finding this pricing.
For many years it was $0.50 per 2" Letter.

I prefer 3m SC 50 series vinyl for a reason.