• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Off Blade...

Graphicdetailsinc

I need a new cut off blade for my mutoh.
Part number rj8-cbs. Best i can find is around $113 from cgi calgraph.

This seems a little extreme for a cut off blade.

Any sources where i can get one a little more reasonable??

Thakns

Josh

Cy Fan

You can try CMYKparts, or signs warehouse. But you may be stuck with GEI. You may ask yourself is a cut off blade really worth that much. I use a cheep letter opener by hand and it works great for me. Just run in the groove that the blade would run in.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That cutoff blade is more trouble than its worth.

Just run the print out so it clears the plastic bar on the front of the platen and run a scissors, ala push not snip, across the media up against that plastic bar.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
You can try CMYKparts, or signs warehouse. But you may be stuck with GEI. You may ask yourself is a cut off blade really worth that much. I use a cheep letter opener by hand and it works great for me. Just run in the groove that the blade would run in.

No you don't. Not on a Mutoh unless you have hands like an elf. A very small elf. The groove for the cutoff blade is well nigh inaccessible to normal humans.

Techman

if your material binds just once with that cut off blade, your in a heap of crap..

I removed my cut off blade long ago,, Its easier to use a util knife

Cy Fan

Yes I do. It's not that hard Bob

Attachments

• PB260042.jpg
    PB260042.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 154

signmeup

beet er pay the money bets doing that 50/60 time a day

How can anyone be so lasy that they write a piece of gibberish like this? It's barely intelligable. Have you no pride at all? Giving your opinion is great but when you write like that you come off as a drooling moron. Why would anyone value anything you had to say? Sheesh!

Adrian

Graphicdetailsinc

How can anyone be so lasy that they write a piece of gibberish like this? It's barely intelligable. Have you no pride at all? Giving your opinion is great but when you write like that you come off as a drooling moron. Why would anyone value anything you had to say? Sheesh!

Adrian

How can anyone be so LAZY that they write a piece of gibberish....

Im the worst speller in the world.....
just thought id poke fun :)

signmeup

How can anyone be so LAZY that they write a piece of gibberish....

Im the worst speller in the world.....
just thought id poke fun :)

I'm the worst speller in the world....just thought I'd poke fun.
niis kach tought..preet ey funee....at leest i tree the beest i cn. at leecd yuo usd a capitol leter.....well on the first one anyway. :smile:

Adrian

cleancutblade

Josh,

Do you have an old sample you can send me? I may be able to duplicate it. I am starting to make the Mimaki one, is it similar? Anyone know?

Ross

I need a new cut off blade for my mutoh.
Part number rj8-cbs. Best i can find is around $113 from cgi calgraph.

This seems a little extreme for a cut off blade.

Any sources where i can get one a little more reasonable??

Thakns

Josh