• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut Vinyl Graphics on Vehicle, little pieces coming off of edges, Anybody know why?

redprint

It will hold up in a brush and spray car wash. But it will NOT hold up in a car wish with the high pressure wand.

The car wash they use has high pressure sprayers that are door height and above the vehicle. After going thru the car wash, it didn't appear that this could be the only reason why the pieces were coming off. I would assume that the presoak, and waxes they have in that carwash could attack the edges of the vinyl and separate the vinyl from the adhesive enough to let the power washer blow pieces off. After going to the car wash, all the decals on their kiosk and on the building and inside the wash bay were all looking almost the same as what the decals on the vans do. I live in the northern Plains near the Minnesota border, so lots of salt, road grime in winter, hence lots of washing.

Techman

After going thru the car wash, it didn't appear that this could be the only reason why the pieces were coming off. I would assume that the presoak, and waxes they have in that carwash could attack the edges of the vinyl

Calendared vinyl will flake like this without the cleaning juices. Especially when it is cold...

signguy54

Not an artist
i've seen similar

this is probably from a power washer or something mechanical. if it was just lifting possibly something else. but it lifted and came off. probably not your fault, IMHO.