• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CutStudio not launching in Corel x7

smalltownrags

Trying to marry CorelDraw x7 and Roland GX24 w/ Cutstudio.
I have seen another post having issues with X7 and CutStudio. I am unable to even launch CutStudio. I have downloaded the most current driver, copied, pasted the GMS files and followed the only video i can find per Roland and still nothing. Suggestions?? I'm not making any progress

OldPaint

throw away the CUT STUDIO....... and cut right from COREL...........once you do....you wont look back....www.rolanddg.com and follow the questions....get the driver suited for your operating system.
1. d/l it
2. unpack it.
3. set it up in your PRINT SET UP.
4. set it up in your X7.
5. may take a few tries to figure it all out.....but it aint rocket science ))))))))))
IN COREL .........set up a CDT file, name it like 24X96, set your PEN to outline, NO FILL on all objects, text size 72, you can add graph dots, i have at 6" X 6" now save that as a CDT so when you need to plot you have a desktop that is the size of your cutter wide.......and 8 feet long. you can make it longer but i dont see the need fro normal everyday work.
now when you open corel, select from template that 24X96 template.
once in corel go to PRINT SETUP, select your CM-24. now go to LAYOUT and SET FROM PRINTER....
When you get layed out what you want...make sure its all HAIRLINE, NO FILL......go to print preview....IF what show there is what you want to cut........under file in print preview find CUT THIS SHEET NOW.............you will never use a bridge program again)))))