• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter for new start business

SignA

Hello everyone,

I was thing about Roland NB-20, but some said it's a little slow with cutting. Is there anyone can direct me to a Cutter to start with?

thanks a lot guys

SignA

Yes, but a lots of people mention that it's very slow in cutting and I'm thinking if I've got a cutter and printer

thanks

signheremd

For Cutters that will let you expand your business, I suggest Graphtec or Summa. Both are fast and can be paired with a dedicated printer to diecut printed jobs as well as making decals and cut vinyl. Graphtec makes a very bullet proof plotter and the price is excellent. Summa is a bit more deluxe and the price is higher.

hobbymad

I am enjoying my BN20 / GS24 combo. Good for starting out. The BN20 is a slow printer so taking the cutting to the GS24 really saves time. And its easy to pair up the workflow in Versaworks.

karst41

Get a Graphtec CE 7000 24" Model.
Flexi Cut (Non Subscription)
3m SC50 Series Vinyl 50 yards of Black 10 Yards White
1 Roll of Transferite Ultra Pre mask Tape.

Do not start off with cheap media.
You will Burn yourself.

Mimaki would be my Second Choice, and Suma would be my Third Choice.

Gregory1 For Equipment, Materials and I outsource the big big jobs to them.
They give you are great rate that will let you do a proper mark up.

Athens Paper
Reece Supply
Grimco

Good Luck

Do your Printing on a Printer
Do your Laminating with a Laminator (GFPs are the best and best for the dollar)
Do your Cutting on a Graphtec.

JstevensonPrints

Printing dreams one day at a time
I’m not sure why everyone skipped over the apex plus, and other digital flat beds, offline cutting is far faster, keeps your printer printing and your cutter cutting. If one goes down you are not dead in the water.
CUTWORX right in Texas has tons of options, service is awesome as well.
(We have a colex as our backup now)
Just my opinion.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I’m not sure why everyone skipped over the apex plus, and other digital flat beds, offline cutting is far faster, keeps your printer printing and your cutter cutting. If one goes down you are not dead in the water.
CUTWORX right in Texas has tons of options, service is awesome as well.
(We have a colex as our backup now)
Just my opinion.
Possibly because those machines have absolutely nothing to do with low end roll cutters (or printer cutters).....?

unmateria

Well, for me, the working clases hero has been my summa 140... Bought it around 2005 and still rockin without any problem. I only replaced the cut strip once, 1 or 2 days lost its firmware, and from time to time (years) have to tighten some screws and clean and oil linear guides, head, etc. The only thing I have to do sometimes (maybe once a year or more) is calibrating opos (20 seconds...). So yes, it was expensive (like 10k if i dont remember bad), but only god knows how much money has done this machine every day (even some sundays lol) for 17 years.

I have bought a roland too and some cheapers ones (about 200€), and well... All has their faults (mainboards toasted included), and are incredible cheap for the money they do and the well constructed they are (even the cheap ones)... But those fails on details ruin your days... Bad knife heads that break, bad bearings, bad linear guide rollers, creepy plastic pinch rollers, crappy firmware etc...the rest is good... But the quality on details sucks. For me the summa is extremelly well thought to the details, and those details are 9.8k more...

Ah, and no, i have nothing with summa... I dont have even 1 email with them since never have to do that lol

Btw, only summa is working now. The rest ended in the rubish bin