• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutter repair around Atlanta.

Barber

We have a 54" FC 8000 Graphtec Vinyl cutter. Does anyone know of someone around or near Atlanta Georgia that does repairs on cutters? Ours was damaged and we have been working with Sign Warehouse to repair it, but we can't get it fixed using their support. Any suggestions.

Jim Doggett

We have a 54" FC 8000 Graphtec Vinyl cutter. Does anyone know of someone around or near Atlanta Georgia that does repairs on cutters? Ours was damaged and we have been working with Sign Warehouse to repair it, but we can't get it fixed using their support. Any suggestions.

You may need to send it to us, or another service center (we're the world's number one Graphtec dealer and authorized service center).

The rub is, how damaged is it? If it's a bent platen or something structural, the fix might be spendy to the point of making it non-cost justifiable.

Can you expand on that?

Thanks!

Barber

Jim, the USB female on the back of the unit was damaged. It was replaced and then the ribbon that pulls the cutting head was replaced. Now they want us to replace the mother board. I don't see how the damaged USB could cause so many problems.

qmr55

Jim, the USB female on the back of the unit was damaged. It was replaced and then the ribbon that pulls the cutting head was replaced. Now they want us to replace the mother board. I don't see how the damaged USB could cause so many problems.

Not saying this is for sure the case, but a damaged USB can short an entire system out. Check to make sure the power supply unit is working properly. Find out how much it should be putting out and put a volt meter to it.

Barber

Thanks GMR that might be what's happened. I am still looking for help in the southeast USA.

EricRamse

What about Proveer? There's a location in Kennesaw.

3939 Royal Drive NW, Suite 135
Kennesaw, GA 30144
Toll Free: (800) 645-6039
Tel: (678) 354-0788
Fax: (678) 354-9253
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm

The Proveer office in NC provides service for Graphtec equipment. Maybe the GA does the same?