• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutter set up on win xp I need input!!

TC49010

I just installed my sx-15 on windows xp and didnt realize the driver was different from 98 to XP until the first cut.. doing 100 little diditts instead of smooth cutting.. (same design I run off win 98 so I know its not the design). down loaded the driver for XP and installed.. still getting 100 little diditts. I am totally new to XP. Should I uninstall the cutter and drivers and re-install only the XP drivers or will this not matter? Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Trixie

Techman

yes, uninstall, then reinstall the correct drivers.
Be sure to completly delete all referances..

TC49010

:help: Installed the new xp driver and doing a simple word HELLO, made sure to put an out line on it and put a weed box around it and its taking forever and doing alot more steps and cuts than it did on win 98. Is there a setting I am missing? I am sending straight from corel 9.

Thanks,
Trixie

TC49010

I think I figured out what part of it was.. my out line was a little thicker out line and not the hair line out line so it was going back over certain areas.:thumb:
Its cutting alot faster now and so far not taking all the extra steps!
Lets hope I got it all figured out! If not I'll be back to post for more help!
Thanks,
Trixie

TC49010

still stuck!

Well thought I had it figured out..nope.. its adding another single hair line cut to words, I can look in wire frame and theres nothing extra there, can use Dr. Stika, cuts perfect. help!! I want corel back!! What can I do or try? I have some long 21 inch numbers to cut and dr.stika is not cooperating with me...ready to loose it!! :help:
Thanks,
Trixie

Techman

Now you know why i bought cocut pro. Too many headaches to do it on the CHEAP.
It was the best single tool i bought for my buiness. Why? because it taught me a lesson. One that I should know from operating other bussinesses.

That is,,, Make the commitment, go full out, and just do it. No holding back because all that does is waste time and money.

Get the right tool for the job. Spend a few extra bux and do it right. Once I made that move I started to make real money.

Make teh commitment.

TC49010

Didnt have a problem at all until I went to XP. I lost my printer port completely on this win 98 pc otherwise I would be cutting up a storm from here but the cutters are not set up for USB so I had to install on another pc.

Instead of going Co Cut..how about dump XP?!!!

Trixie