• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Cutter upgrade from graphtec CE seriee

MiguelGonzalez

Hello guys I've been using my Graphtec Ce6000 for almost 7 years now, mostly for print cut and small detail colored vinyl cutting, this machine is built like a tank and ive only changed the blade. I want to upgrade to a newer cutter, had my eyes on the fc9000 and the S2 T (never use a summer before). I really like the summa but I've seen some post stating that head placement for tangential is required in a long run, can someone with a summa cutter tell me how often head replacement is required, and is it a big deal?(never had head replacement on my graphtec before). And what are the advantages of getting summa over the graphtec, which would you consider an overall better product.

Last edited:

Bill DiStasio

Hello guys I've been using my Graphtec Ce6000 for almost 7 years now, mostly for print cut and small detail colored vinyl cutting, this machine is built like a tank and ive only changed the blade. I want to upgrade to a newer cutter, had my eyes on the fc9000 and the S2 T (never use a summer before). I really like the summa but I've seen some post stating that head placement for tangential is required in a long run, can someone with a summa cutter tell me how often head replacement is required, and is it a big deal?(never had head replacement on my graphtec before). And what are the advantages of getting summa over the graphtec, which would you consider an overall better product.
Love the fc9000!

Saturn

Aging Member
For posterity, here's a good video of ikarasu's Graphtec doing some die-cuts.

And one of my Summa tangential doing some 2-pass die-cuts.

Also another big previous thread covering thoughts on both machines.

Either machine is a good option for the small shop that has an owner or operator willing to take the time to learn to set them up.

I think my cutstrips are about $60-70 a year, take 5-min to change, and could result in cleaner edges due to preventing tearout. Not quite the major flaw a lot of folks will suggest... ? I cut whole rolls unattended and the sheets just plop into the catch basket for me to retrieve at my leisure. I've only been running it steady for 2+ years, but no complaints or repairs needed. I'm very very picky about results and haven't seen anything that would bump me out of camp Summa yet.

MiguelGonzalez

Thank You Guys. Made up my mind to go with the FC 9000. Eventhough i really want to try out the tangential version of the summa, it cost way way higher here at my place and also i have to think about the after sales services in which Graphtec is pretty good right now.