• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting 15 Mil Laminate Issue?

landdesigns

I'm having Issues Cutting 15 Mil on my Roland VG2-540, am I screwed trying to cut with my machine or is there something im missing..... Tried with a 60 degree blade and raised Pressure , no luck.

Thanks

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I like your avatar, I'm a XC 450R guy myself. I have found if you crank the pressure, and slow the speed to a crawl, you can do it with a 60 degree blade. There is an option in versaworks to cut multiple passes, but to be honest, I have never had any luck with it hitting the same line when trying to do the thick stuff.

rjssigns

Not sure if this will help but when cutting heavy laminate on my Summa I have a heavy brass blade holder. Adds a lot of weight to the available cut force. That and a 60 degree blade will cut clean through cast vinyl with 10 mil floor lam. might even be heavy laminate than that.
IIRC when I sold my Roland I gave the new owner the brass blade holder.