• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

cutting direct from corel!

heyfishguy

Hi everyone I just have a question about cutting direct from corel draw 11. Do you have to use the printer port connection or can you use the serial port. Also when cutting from corel does the plotter supposed to cut from the left side? My plotter docks the knife at the right side and cuts from the right side, but I called the company I bought the plotter from to get a driver to use in corel and he said that he didnt recommend cutting direct as it will cut from the left side. Is their anyway to change the settings in corel or the printer window to tell it to cut from the right side. The driver I got from the sales person for my chinese cutter is a roland driver.

OldPaint

1st off read your setup manual for your plotter...something about the X Y AXIS... in the driver setup it will ask where you want ORIGIN.... READ, READ, READ.......

Jamie Walters

Sign Tools 3.0 will cut directly from Corel... there is always some for sale in e-bay... But, like OldPaint said just above, you still have to setup your origins for the X/Y axis, and drivers. One must thing, when setting up anything to cut from corel - always have your Y axis to at least 40inch, then your X axis to the width of your vinyl, using the corner as your 0y / 0x start point. Any questions, give me a call - glad to help. I have a 52" / 30" Ioline I use this way (corel w/ sign tools), along with Flexi Pro...

SPLASHDESIGN

I had the Roland PNC 1000 + Coreldrw 9 and worked with a Roland driver downloaded from Roland site. It is very easy and cut direct from coreldraw. For left and right cutting I had to setup the cutter from its buttons to configure my choice. As Oldpaint told you you'll have to read and read the manuals.

Peter

SPLASHDESIGN

:peace!: I had the Roland PNC 1000 + Coreldrw 9 and worked with a Roland driver downloaded from Roland site. It is very easy and cut direct from coreldraw. For left and right cutting I had to setup the cutter from its buttons to configure my choice. As Oldpaint told you you'll have to read and read the manuals.

:Coffee: Peter

OldPaint

Sign Tools 3.0 will cut directly from Corel NO IT DONT IT IS AN ADD ON BRIDGE PROGRAM. cutting direct from corel draw is just that! open corel, layout on desktop, send to printer/cutter. been donin this since COREL VERSION 3!!! i have no other program then corel. all SIGN TOOLS do is give more distortion/ways to do layouts. sign tools, co cut.....are bridge programs that work from inside corel.

jimdes

I'm with OP . . . I can cut direct from Corel without any problems. I've tried both Sign Tools and CoCut demo programs and just can't justify the additional cost. If you learn Corel Draw, there's nothing you can't do that those two programs add.

heyfishguy

Thanks for the help everyone I will give it a shot. Old paint if my setup manual had any information about that I would read it, but it didnt so i thought I would ask here. I figured this being a forum and all I might be able to ask a question and get some help!!!!!!!!!!! Then when I got some answers I would read, read, read!!!!!!!! If you dont want to help then dont respond to the question, but your sarcastic remarks dont earn you any respect.
and dont bother with a cheeky reply as I will not be lured into your mind games.

OldPaint

heyfish....GO FISH....hehehehehehehe
if i was to be real honest, and not "cheeky" your underwear would be in a bigger bundle then they are already.
yes it is a forum, yes you can ask question, but you still have to EDUCATE YOURSELF THRU YOUR EYES....and thats called READING!!! weather it be here or your manual...another web site or my CHEEKY answer....i dont have a problem helping....but iam not going to EDUCATE YOU, thats your responsibility
old paint out....hehehehehhe

7oaks

I use signtools but never could get the hang of cutting directly for Corel. By the way--how do you panelize in Corel? I may give it another shot. (Roland PNC1000A--older than my favorite tee shirt and no manuel) :biggrin:

Ken

OldPaint

paneling in corel take some expertise of the program. 2 ways...1. you can just leave the thing to be cut whenit at on the page, send to cutter..let it cut the part that is on corels page. then you can add a line to where the edge of the vinyl is, group the line into the object then move the line to the bottom of the page and let it cut that piece. 2. you can make the object into 2 objects....and cut each sepearate then splice together when you apply.

Techman

Cocut is NOT a bridge program. Cocut is a plugin that does a lot of extra other techniques as well cut vinyl. If any one would test drive it they would see just how good it is and all what it does. It is an add in that enhances Corel Draw just as Eye candy 4000 enhances photoshop or photopaint.
You make your layout. Instead of bringing out the print menu ,, you hit the cocut icon and you are sending the job to the cutter.

Most people who use cocut love it. It makes the job so much easier. In fact Eurosystems programs over seas is a dominante factor in the sign world. :cool1:

Some cut direct from corel and do it proudly, They wear it as a badge of merit. I used to do it like that too. But Cocut made that world seem like the stone ages.

When you are using a bridge program. Usually you have to export the job to the bridge program and then set up the parameters then send it to the cutter.

Slimpickins

I've used Corel 9 only for vinyl cutting with my Camm 1 since day 3.
I could use Signtools 2 which has some handy text effects but it isn't a necessity, just takes some hard thinking work out of the layout. I cannot see how the knife going from left to right or vice versa makes any difference. If you are cutting a letter "E" 'P' or "D" it cuts both directions I think mine goes either way with a mind of its own, quite often it doesn't seem to have any real logic as to which object it starts and finishes with, seems to cut the longer paths L > R first, goes back to the shorter paths and then finishes with the weed box.
Tommy.

OldPaint

COCUT/EUROCUT are corel program code! if you remember back to corel v5.0(crapiest corel and 6.0 same)neither of these corels WILL CUT TO PLOTTER!!!!!!they are minus the engine and program code for those 2 versions.
at the same time COREL 5.0 was released EUROCUT/COCUT hit the market with a program to cut FROM WITHIN COREL. at the sign shows it was demoed and salesmen where pushing the fact that COCUT/EUORCUT ...."worked seemlessly from within corel"!!!!
as well it should since corel LEASED THEIR PLOTTER/engine/code/ to COCUT EUROCUT for 2 years(hence corel 5, i think was released 95 and corel 6 i think was only a year later)and corel 5 & 6 was sold without the capability to cut direct to plotter/cutter. so in essence cocut WAS A BRIDGE program like PRO-CUT.....untill they bought the plotter/cutter engine/code from corel. yes it works seemlessly from inside corel...BECAUSE IT IS COREL.......upgraded to a specific usage.

Techman

I Remember well. Corel had an option you could purchase that would drive plotters and cutters. I got / had the coupon that came in the box of my new Corel 6. I chatted with them about purchasing that option several times. It was first an option called COREL CUT. Then, Cocut 6 came out about the same time. Cocut was never a Bridge stand alone program. There is a rumor that it was part of Corel at one time. But this has never been aknowledged by Eurosystems.

Some standard Definitions.

Plugin
Macro, which is integrated in the menu structure from a host program, such as Word, AutoCAD, CorelDRAW, etc.. It works like a part of its host program.
Cut Plugins extends the range of the host program with more powerfull tools, e.g. welding, outline, cutting the host may not completely implement on a sign design.

Examples:
Cocut, Cocut Pro, Cocut Multitool or Smart Designer.
Advantage:

Make it easier for inexperienced users to work with the host program
* Experienced users can also carry out sign-making jobs faster and more efficiently using the host program
* Cutting plugins such as CoCut Professional can make the host program into an almost full-range alternative sign program
* Unlike the driver, which can only run a special family of plotters, cutting plugins have their own drivers for all the common plotters on the market from different manufacturers

Disadvantage:

* Signtools are design macros. The cutting possibilities are just as limited as with the driver, as they do not extend the possibilities of the driver itself.

Conclusion:
The higher price of plugins compared with drivers is therefore justified because only plugins make it possible to perform sign-making jobs efficiently and using the full range of functions.

Driver.. Such as using the print menu to cut direct from corel.
Advantage:

* No extra charge, as usually included in the plotter range of functions
* Easy to install
* Freely copiable, as not protected with a dongle
Disadvantage:

* Can often only be driven over a parallel (LPT) port
* Cutting length limited to the internal plotter framesize
* Often no birectional communication possible, i.e. the vinyl width cannot be read back
* No job segmentation possible
* Additional cutting plotter functions cannot be addressed (e.g. pouncing or half-cut)

Conclusion:
The driver limitations are mainly due to the fact that they are intended for use with special plotters and cannot exploit the full range of potential plotter functions.

Bridge Program
Stand-alone sign-making program including a plotter drive, which can be started by exporting data from another program. It is not integrated into the menu structure of another program. Automatic import makes it easy to work with the data. Often versions of sign programs with a limited range of functions (light or basic version).

Examples: EuroCUT Light with CoRUN Autoexpo

Disadvantage:

* Can often only be driven over a parallel (LPT) port
* Cutting length limited to the internal plotter framesize
* Often no birectional communication possible, i.e. the vinyl width cannot be read back
* No job segmentation possible
* Additional cutting plotter functions cannot be addressed (e.g. pouncing or half-cut)
* Cutting plotter optical recognition system cannot be used (e.g. Summa OPOS or Anaplot for contour cutting.)

Full Sign Program
Advantage:

* One user interface for all sign-making jobs
* An almost unlimited number of special functions and tools for the most demanding sign-making jobs
* Makes it possible to drive a large number of cutting plotters, routing and engraving machines
* An enhanced version with special modules permits a high degree of flexibility and customization to the requirements of individual companies
* Sign programs often include aids for financial, mathematical and organisational tasks, e.g. job calculation, job manager.
* They are designed in such a way that they can also be used in large and medium-sized companies. Here we should mention multi-user licenses, networking capacity and plot servers.

Disadvantage:

* The complexity of the program means that it takes a considerable time to learn to work with it. And has features most users will never need.
* Relatively high price compared with the plugin

Conclusion:
Sign programs are still up-to-date because they were from the start developed so as to serve the sign-maker efficiently. They also implement exceptional functions only usable by a small number of companies.

I've used cocut pro for years. Just recently upraded to cocut 12 with corel draw 12. It's the one software tool that has made me tons of money. I've emailed with Eurosystems several times about their software.

I hope this clears up some confusions..

fede_fly

could comeone give me an old version of the pnc 1000 driver?
I cutted direct from corel a month ago, but now I cant.
"Unable to access printer driver"
Thanks and kind regards