• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Is Wacked

SUNBURST

GOODMORNING,
I have a Summa T140 48" plotter and for the last little while it has been moving different objects when cutting, rounding various letters that shouldnt be, it loses pressure in random spots and sometimes altogether misses a letter. I was told that I need to get a new Tangential Head,
does anyone know where I might be able to get one?
Thanks
Jennifer

Jim Doggett

Hi Jennifer,

I think the only answer is: From Summa. It's a unique, Summa-assembled,, component. So third-party products aren't available, to the best of my knowledge. Maybe someone has an extra one in the used / Craigslist / eBay market. But I think that's a longshot.

Best,

Jim

You can send it to Summa (Seattle, WA) and have it repaired - which would be your cheapest bet. Unless you are doing very small or detailed cutting your cutter will work fine. It sounds like you may have a couple issues - possibly a board, or a motor may be get weak. Without seeing the cutter it's a bit hard to tell.