• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting issues with GS15+

GVP

Greetings!

Our normally-reliable GS15+ has started mis-cutting. It seems to be random, and the result is that perhaps several letters in a word are mis-placed up or down, consequently pooching the job. Or perhaps the centre of an 'O' will drop down compared to the outer shape.

Edited to add: The offset is often an inch or so...

Any suggestions as to where to look? Comms errors? I've checked cables and they seem tightly connected. Nothing has been moved recently, and up until now the plotter has been working fine.

Help!

Graham

warlind

I too would start with the 3 in 1 oil. Have you tried to change blades (change to swivel knife mode) with the exact same result?

petepaz

Clean and lube the machine
if that doesn't work it may need service (not sure exactly what they do)
we had some issues with ours like that and cost $200 for our supplier to service it. usually the clean and lube will work
also run the test/calibration cuts if they don't work out i would say you need some parts replaced or fixed