• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting large graphics with a VG2-540

GMCpartsmonkey

Been using a VG2-540/GPF 355TH to do smaller scale decals. As we move forward I realized I don't understand how you would print/laminate/cut a 50 foot graphic (for example). I understand printing using the take up system but I haven't found videos/information pertaining to cutting with it. The few videos I've found have the graphic on a table being manually cut with a razer/ruler so it's possible you just can't. The cuts wouldn't be complicated

balstestrat

Problem Solver
In versaworks you select to first print the job and after laminating you select to cut it. Until now you have selected print&cut.

Make the cutjobs as short as possible. Not one long 50ft job but rather 10 5ft jobs.

GMCpartsmonkey

In versaworks you select to first print the job and after laminating you select to cut it. Until now you have selected print&cut.

Make the cutjobs as short as possible. Not one long 50ft job but rather 10 5ft jobs.
I haven't used the print&cut feature beyond a small scale test thanks to the lamination aspect. But basically if I need a 10 feet graphic cut I'll have to have a table/mat to keep it off the floor because there is no real way to cut via the take up system

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Ah okay, well yeah... Or it just falls to the floor. I'm not completely sure if the Roland take up can do reversing but if it can't you can't cut with it.

netsol

the only things that are accurate much beyond 5 ft are the gerber pinfeed machines