• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2

GraphxGirl

I have installed the Cutting Master plug-in on my PC, wanting to use it with Illustrator CS3. When I go to the file menu than cut/plot I get the following message: Connection to Cutting Master 2 timeout. Try to connect again?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

briderx

Sounds like a driver issue.. Make sure the proper driver in illustrator/Cutting master is pointing to your plotter.

GraphxGirl

When I do a test cut from the Cutting Master window, it works. It is just the plug in for Illustrator that doesn't seem to be working.

briderx

Try checking your firewall/antivirus or any other "system protection" settings you have.. Is this on Vista or XP?

GraphxGirl

It is a download from the Graphtec website and used with their vinyl cutters.

The test is run with the plotter being connected with a serial cable. My issue is Illustrator not connecting/accepting the plug in to cut directly to the plotter using Cutting Master.

briderx

You probably already know this, but there is a communication block. Something in your system is blocking the signal. We need to break it down and figure out exactly what it is.. I asked above if there is Anti-Virus software installed..?? That MAY do it. Another option, reboot the system, login as admistrator and try again? It may be an administrative problem. There is a wealth of settings/configurations we can work on..

Case

Do you have the settings pointed to the correct port out of the plugin? The correct com port? The timeout you are getting is not communicating for some reason.....Vista or XP pro?

Case

briderx

It is a download from the Graphtec website and used with their vinyl cutters.

The test is run with the plotter being connected with a serial cable. My issue is Illustrator not connecting/accepting the plug in to cut directly to the plotter using Cutting Master.

Yeah, I understand that part. There is a communication barrier between Illustrator and Cutting Master. Something inside your system is rejecting that signal. A viable option (kinda sucky) would be to uninstall illustrator and Cutting master and the plugin.. Reinstall them all and see what happens.

SuperSignsMP

We run Cutting master 2 with our graphtechs. We use XP, but we use Corel instead of Illustrator. If we have more than 1 Corel window open we get a similar error. Do you have the program (illustrator) opened more than once?

Case

We run Cutting master 2 with our graphtechs. We use XP, but we use Corel instead of Illustrator. If we have more than 1 Corel window open we get a similar error. Do you have the program (illustrator) opened more than once?

This is only a known issue with Corel while using the Cutting Master 2 plugin....

Case

speedneeds

When I installed my Graphtec and Cutting Master software I had to uninstall Illustrator and reinstall. It picked up Cutting Master itself with the reinstall.