• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master 2

GraphxGirl

I have reinstalled Illustrator and it picked up Cutting Master but I am still getting the timeout message.

Thank you all for your efforts but I think I will just ditch the idea of using this program.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use it with no problem through Illustrator GraphxGirl... like others said it sounds like a communication error. What language is your cutter set to? HPGL or GPGL?

GraphxGirl

I use it with no problem through Illustrator GraphxGirl... like others said it sounds like a communication error. What language is your cutter set to? HPGL or GPGL?

It is not a problem with the cutter. It is Illustrator and Cutting Master that are not communicating. I can open Cutting Master and send a test to the cutter and it works. I am getting a timeout message in Illustrator.

sparekey

Saw something similar posted elsewhere. Turned out only the latest download version of Cutting Master 2 works with Illustrator CS3.

Try downloading Cutting Master 2 v1.6 from the Graphtec America website as this was the answer to the bloke's problem and definitely worked with Illustrator CS3.

I don't run a Graphtec, just saw this solution on the web so can't help if you already have version 1.6.

SuperSignsMP

We had the same problem and figured it out. We had different users set up on the machine and had to log in as a user with administrator privelages to be able to install Cutting Master 2. It would run fine from that user but if you logged in as another user we would get that connection failure message. We gave the new user administrator privelages and then re-installed the software under that new user and it worked fine.

Robert H. Bigart

How to cut direct from Illustrator & COREL

Hi Guys

First of all you must get a NULL MODEM CABLE to go from computer to (plotter) cutter.

Make sure it’s a NULL MODEM CABLE and not just a PRINTER CABLE.

Null Modem serial cables allows two DTE or DCE devices to communicate with no conflict in data transmission

Then convert your line weight to the thinnest (the one with 2 ARROWS).

Set all lines at Wire frame.

Export as a .DXF file.

Send your .DXF file to your Printer.

Set your printer preference to your plotter cutter at PRINT.

REMEMBER YOU MUST CUT FROM A .DXF file.

This works for me and I hope it works for you.

Thank You,
Bob Bigart

TresL

open cutting master before use the ILL plug in.

I had the same issues on 64bit XP.

It doesn't auto launch CM.

phototec

Connection to Cutting Master 2 timeout

I have installed the Cutting Master plug-in on my PC, wanting to use it with Illustrator CS3. When I go to the file menu than cut/plot I get the following message: Connection to Cutting Master 2 timeout. Try to connect again?

Am I missing something?

Thanks

GraphxGirl, Did you ever get the "Connection to Cutting Master 2 timeout" issue resolved?

I still have the same issue, doing a Google search I found this below on the IOBIT website. I think my problems started after I installed the ASC software. I have removed it but still get the error.

Hello, I've been recently using ASC for a while now till I came across a client who uses a plotcutter (Cuts vinyl signs) anyways, the company that the plotter belongs to is Graphtec America.

Long story short, the plotter uses software called Cutting Master 2 which installs plugins for Adobe Illustrator 8 - CS5 (Tried multiple versions). It seems that after you run Advanced SystemCare 3 Pro or 4 Beta it causes connection issues between the plugins in illustrator and the Cutting Plotter itself.

I've tested it three times on different computers - it works before advanced system cleaner, it doesn't after. It shoots an error "Connection to cutting master 2 timeout"

I thought that I should at least mention it in case anyone else has the same issue!

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=9735

:help

TresL

Local firewall on the PC can cause the issue as well.
64bit install was my issue.

You may also look at FLEXI issues, as CM is a scaled down version of Flexi for Graphtec.

CES020

I just picked up another computer (used,running XP) just to drive our plotters and I'm having the same issue with corel. I install CM2 and it installs clean, but when you try to send something from corel to CM, it never does anything, other than sit there. It's connected via USB and everything seems to be setup right, right model, right port, cuts the test cut, but won't launch CM from corel. If you try to open CM on it's own, it shows that files are corrupted and it can't launch. I've downloaded it about 5 times now and it does the same thing every time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

phototec

I just picked up another computer (used,running XP) just to drive our plotters and I'm having the same issue with corel. I install CM2 and it installs clean, but when you try to send something from corel to CM, it never does anything, other than sit there. It's connected via USB and everything seems to be setup right, right model, right port, cuts the test cut, but won't launch CM from corel. If you try to open CM on it's own, it shows that files are corrupted and it can't launch. I've downloaded it about 5 times now and it does the same thing every time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Here is a suggestion I found doing a Google search, sounds like it could fix your problem.

"You MUST use the serial communications interface on the plotter - not the USB connection - to run Cut Master 2. Devices report what they are when communicating over the USB interface. Most of the time that's a good thing but Cut Master 2 wants/needs to see a Graphtec unit at the other end or it won't let you select your plotter as a cutting device."

Full article below:

http://www.cuttingedgesandcarving.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9515

Hope this helps.:help

CES020

I don't think it's connection related. When I click the "Cut/Plot" drop down in corel, it does nothing. Literally, nothing. If I unplug the machine, it does the same thing. However, if I go to the old machine it was hooked up to at one point, I can hit "Cut/Plot" and it opens up CM2 and sends the job to it. There is no plotter hooked to the computer at all, so I'm not sure how a serial cable would solve the issue.

I've reinstalled corel 3 times now, I've downloaded CM2 about 6 times, I've pulled CM2 off old files I downloaded in the past and installed that one, and no matter what, I can't get it to open CM2 from Corel.

If I open the "Plotter Controller", I can click the buttons and move the plotter all around from that just fine. I just can't get it to send anything from X3 to CM2.

I'd think if it was a cable or connection issue, it would at least make it into CM2 and then fail to send, but I could be wrong.

wyaldbill

connection to cutting master 2 timeout

try this fix at your own risk... create a restore point FIRST, and a registry backup.

after searching other posts etc for a day i found reference to iobit Advenced system care messing some things up, as well as firewalls.

finally fixed error by merging a backup of registry with existing regisrty file.

look for iobit as the likely cause of your errors IF you have already checked your firewalls and corel or illustrator and cutting master etc are listed in your firewall as accepable exceptions to firewall. If they are not listed as exceptions select them and then see if error disappears. if not try below...again at own risk, once you create a restore point, etc.

this was on an xp 64bit.

depending on what version of iobit you installed and killed the right registry values with, you may find the backup it creates in a diff place, but it seems like v3 and v4 of iobit total system care or advanced system care make a backup in the default install drive - c:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Application Data

"username" will be whatever your user login is, so if it is BOB that is user then look under c:\Documents and Settings\bob\Application Data

Navigate there and you will hopefully find an old .reg file. In my case, when i right clicked and selected "merge" - it merged the backed up reg file with existing file, AND PRESTO, it fixed the cutting master 2 error! YEEfrickinHA! I was happy so hopefully that works for you. :thumb: