• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Cutting Master 5 Issue

HarryS

So I've recently upgraded to the new "Cutting Master 5" and I've had nothing but issues so far. I feel like I'm on the only one. Most of my issues I've been able to fix but the big one I can't figure out is the following...

I can't use adobe Illustrator while running Cutting Master 5.

I'll go a little more in detail, when I have cutting master 5 open illustrator freezes until I close out the program. It sucks mostly because I can't work and cut at the same time now. I never had this issue with Cutting Master 4.
Before it's even asked yes, I've tried deleting the program and re installing it. Nothing seems to fix it. I'm also curious to hear if anyone else is having this issue or its just me.

JBurton

Signtologist
This issue in particular seems new and unique to you. Other headaches with CM5 have been bounding around since the new year or so. Hopefully one of the adobe users has a solution.

YepThatsMe

So I've recently upgraded to the new "Cutting Master 5" and I've had nothing but issues so far. I feel like I'm on the only one. Most of my issues I've been able to fix but the big one I can't figure out is the following...

I'll go a little more in detail, when I have cutting master 5 open illustrator freezes until I close out the program. It sucks mostly because I can't work and cut at the same time now. I never had this issue with Cutting Master 4.
Before it's even asked yes, I've tried deleting the program and re installing it. Nothing seems to fix it. I'm also curious to hear if anyone else is having this issue or its just me.
I would go back to CM4 to save you the headache.
I've been in the printing, production and design industry for a while and never had an issue with CM4. Once I upgraded to CM5 I've had nothing but issues and make absolutely no sense as to why a program would do certain things that as a customer we can't fix or isolate the issue to one specific incident or setting. The software engineers need to revise the program for all these issues people are having. I've had the freezing of Ai do to CM5 and got so fed up with the interface and how the software behaved that I just went back to CM4. So far no issues!

Joe House

Check the version compatibility on the Graphtec website and make sure your version of Illustrator works with CM5. But also, go back to CM4 if you're having issues with 5 and 4 works for you.

Forty One

What version of Ai do you have?
I found CC Ai 2020 and above is issue city with any version of CM.
I wound back to what worked, Ai 2019 and CM4 (4.2).
Even the cm 4.6 was problematic

L&Bdesignworks

Have you had any luck in figuring this out? It's driving me nuts having to close down CM5 every time I need to go back to Illustrator. In CM4 they had a mini dialog box that only needed to open once, then a secondary window when cutting.

Just seems to add in extra time when I have to close CM5 and reopen between cutting files.

L&Bdesignworks

Have you had any luck in figuring this out? It's driving me nuts having to close down CM5 every time I need to go back to Illustrator. In CM4 they had a mini dialog box that only needed to open once, then a secondary window when cutting.

Just seems to add in extra time when I have to close CM5 and reopen between cutting files.
And I plan to stay with CM4 as long as possible, but when Adobe discontinues AI22, then CM4 won't be supported. Thanks!