• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master V1

LuigiMdg

I know it's been out of the picture for a while and that probably nobody will have the installation files, but if someone had the CD and wanted to convert it into an ISO, I think it could do many people some good..!

Ronny Axelsson

I don't have the first version but found that I do have Cutting Master 2, if that is of any help?
Not a CD but two 70MB Zip files with the 1.60 and 1.81 builds.

LuigiMdg

Don't worry, thank you very much but unfortunately those versions also start from the CE3000..!
A note, when I uninstalled version 1.6, it eliminated many Windows files and various programs, I spent a good hour repairing everything..
This is just a warning in case anyone wants to try and install it on their PC

LuigiMdg

Eh, I searched a lot too, I work on the internet every day, but no trace of the 1st version.. This does not mean that someone has it in the form of a CD or Zip.. The difficulty lies more in finding someone willing to share it and that you notice this topic.

Ronny Axelsson

Couldn't find any disks either unfortunately.
Must be fifteen or twenty years since I sent my Graphtec 2100-50 "to a better place", and even though I have a bad habit storing old disks, these must have gone the same way.

Still have an old FC4100-130 that I use now and then though, since it can cut small details incredibly accurate when that is needed.
I use an old version of Sign Studio to send jobs to it but have also tried Cutting Master a long time ago.

Use a Mimaki cutter nowadays and their FineCut plugin for CorelDRAW.

LuigiMdg

Don't worry, we have the same vice/problem.. :big laugh:
However I bought a PCI card with a 25pin connection and 2 cables, one 25 -> 25pin and the other from 25 to 36, for the parallel.
The old owner claims that only one of the 2 cables needs to be connected, can you confirm this?

In case anyone is interested, I installed the device as a printer, as suggested in the drivers readme and now it is correctly installed.

As for software I'm trying Cutting Master v2.00, but this doesn't seem to allow the selection of one of the printers, it only allows you to select the plotter from the list provided, I select CE3000 and COM1, but it doesn't work, obviously I also tried to change the port , without success.

I don't know if there is any software that allows you to rely directly on the devices installed in the system, for example I would have liked to see if it's on SignBlazer, but I can't find it online anymore..!

I also have an old version of FlexiSign, 8.1, which has the CE2000 in the list, with this program, by sending a test cut on COM1, it is eliminated from the list of pending prints (on Production Manager), but the Cutting progress is not seen from 0% and the plotter does not move.

Last edited:

LuigiMdg

I think this page of the manual is very important, in a topic I read that with the HP-GL there are several suitable programs, right?
5SfhsZfvrau6.png

Ronny Axelsson

I guess it could be worth trying HPGL instead of GPGL, it is more of a "standard" language, and use a generic HPGL (HPGL/1) driver and simply "print" to the plotter.
Have a vague memory that I tried it many many years ago.
(I have always used GPGL with my Graphtec plotters though, because it allows for smaller step size = higher quality)

Have you tried to contact Graphtec by the way, maybe they have a solution?

LuigiMdg

I checked and it was already set to HPGL, the parallel cable should arrive tomorrow, let's see if it can depend on that, the other parameters seem correct (9600, 8, etc.)

I will also try to contact Graphtec if I don't solve it tomorrow, even if I don't think they will bother with me

Ronny Axelsson

Really hope you find a solution.
the other parameters seem correct (9600, 8, etc.)
I may be totally wrong here (long time since I played with parallel and serial cables) but if you manage to use the parallel interface I don't think you need to set these parameters. :rolleyes:
My old FC4100-130 is connected from the computer's USB port via an adapter to a 25-pin serial port on the plotter. I use an old version of SignLab to cut.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Could you use Gerber Omega to plot from? I've never ran into an older plotter (in my experience) that it won't plot to if installed correctly.

LuigiMdg

Really hope you find a solution.

I may be totally wrong here (long time since I played with parallel and serial cables) but if you manage to use the parallel interface I don't think you need to set these parameters. :rolleyes:
My old FC4100-130 is connected from the computer's USB port via an adapter to a 25-pin serial port on the plotter. I use an old version of SignLab to cut.
What version is it?
Anyway I already had a parallel to USB cable but it didn't seem to be able to communicate, today I'm trying with parallel -> serial.

Furthermore, on the internet and also in the driver readme, they clearly say that for example the CE3000 does not work with USB adapters but only with the 25pin serial,
Could you use Gerber Omega to plot from? I've never ran into an older plotter (in my experience) that it won't plot to if installed correctly.
Would this be it?
In which version do you recommend to use it?

LuigiMdg

I would recommend you talk to Adam on here https://www.signs101.com/members/adam-foster.35738/ if you want further info about connecting your machine to Gerber software.
I am betting with an older machine, older versions of their software would work just fine for you. (like you can find on classified sites and ebay)
Ok, thank you, I'll try to quote it here, so maybe this information can also be useful to some passing visitors.. Adam.Foster
SignLab e6 Expert version 6.1, revision 6 from November 2002.
I use the generic GPGL driver but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a specific CE2000 driver too.
Yes, I've already installed its specific drivers, but when I use this software, they don't rely on Windows devices but on those installed via the Production Manager software, which in FlexiSign 8.1 has the CE2000 in its list, so I'm surprised that it doesn't functions..!

jimdtg

Ok, thank you, I'll try to quote it here, so maybe this information can also be useful to some passing visitors.. Adam.Foster

Yes, I've already installed its specific drivers, but when I use this software, they don't rely on Windows devices but on those installed via the Production Manager software, which in FlexiSign 8.1 has the CE2000 in its list, so I'm surprised that it doesn't functions..!
parallel to USB may be your problem.