• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Master V1

LuigiMdg

Maybe I didn't explain well, initially I tried with parallel to USB, but now I got both the DB25 to DB25 male/male cable and the DB25 to Parallel (CN36)

Adam.Foster

Ok, thank you, I'll try to quote it here, so maybe this information can also be useful to some passing visitors.. Adam.Foster

Yes, I've already installed its specific drivers, but when I use this software, they don't rely on Windows devices but on those installed via the Production Manager software, which in FlexiSign 8.1 has the CE2000 in its list, so I'm surprised that it doesn't functions..!
Gerber Omega doesn't have that specific plotter listed. If the CE2000 can be set to HPGL mode, Omega should be able to output to it using the standard HGPL drivers included with All versions of Omega.

LuigiMdg

Gerber Omega doesn't have that specific plotter listed. If the CE2000 can be set to HPGL mode, Omega should be able to output to it using the standard HGPL drivers included with All versions of Omega.
Ok, but I tried to install version 7 on the PC I use for cutting, which is a 32bit Windows 7, but it tells me it can't find the Sentinel drivers..! Why?

Adam.Foster

Ok, but I tried to install version 7 on the PC I use for cutting, which is a 32bit Windows 7, but it tells me it can't find the Sentinel drivers..! Why?
Take the Gerber USB security key off the system, Reboot the computer and run the omega setup again. When it asks you to put the key on THEN put the security key on the computer. It should then work.

Adam.Foster

Download is fine. But do you have the security key?

Omega is free to download and run in Demo mode. However demo mode doesn't allow you to save, export,copy,paste or output to equipment. You would need to buy the Omega software and get an Omega security key to license the software. Once you have a security key and official license it will then function 100%.

LuigiMdg

Ok, but maybe let's see if I can solve it differently, so at least I make sure everything works well before going to invest some money.

It doesn't seem possible that you can't get it to run with other software now that I'm sure it's set to HPGL..

LuigiMdg

Don't worry, we have the same vice/problem.. :big laugh:
However I bought a PCI card with a 25pin connection and 2 cables, one 25 -> 25pin and the other from 25 to 36, for the parallel.
The old owner claims that only one of the 2 cables needs to be connected, can you confirm this?

In case anyone is interested, I installed the device as a printer, as suggested in the drivers readme and now it is correctly installed.

As for software I'm trying Cutting Master v2.00, but this doesn't seem to allow the selection of one of the printers, it only allows you to select the plotter from the list provided, I select CE3000 and COM1, but it doesn't work, obviously I also tried to change the port , without success.

I don't know if there is any software that allows you to rely directly on the devices installed in the system, for example I would have liked to see if it's on SignBlazer, but I can't find it online anymore..!

I also have an old version of FlexiSign, 8.1, which has the CE2000 in the list, with this program, by sending a test cut on COM1, it is eliminated from the list of pending prints (on Production Manager), but the Cutting progress is not seen from 0% and the plotter does not move.
Please read previous messages before reply

However they replied yesterday from Graphtec, I hadn't noticed it, but they replied in a very formal way..
Dear Luigi,
Thank you for your mail.

We are always willing to look for a solution for our customers.
But unfortunately is the product out of support since long time, and we don’t have updated software

You may contact the local resellers for an alternative:
https://www.nuovasph.com/ or

With kind regards,