• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting Problems with flexi

kheebl

I have been using Flexi for years with no problems, until yesterday. I went to send a cut to my plotter and nothing happens my plotter just reboots when the cut is sent (goes through the startup info with firmware and what not). Production manager shows that its cutting but the plotter does nothing except reboot. I know my plotter is not the best its a 24" Pcut ct630, but for me it works perfect. I thought it might be the plotter at first so I installed the crappy SignBlazer that came with the cutter and that cuts perfectly fine. Any Suggestions? I am on Win7 64bit and the plotter is hooked up via USB (no serial connection on plotter) I am running flexi 10.0.1.

thewvsignguy

Maybe try a new cable or the usb output went bad.

Had a bad one on the laptop and got HOT if anything was connected to it.

kheebl

I'm going to try a new usb cable tonight. It's weird flexi on my old crappy xp laptop works. And the pos signblazer works on my win 7 computer but flexi is just now acting up on my win 7 computer.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
shot in the dark here, but anytime I have had issues with flexi communicating with devices it has been a recent update to my antivirus software mucking things up

kheebl

I never thought about that. Maybe I could try a system restore from like a week ago or so to see if that clears it up. Thanks for the heads up I never thought about that.

LittleSnakey

When in doubt, power out.
try turning the power off on the back of the roland and turning it back on.

I never thought about that. Maybe I could try a system restore from like a week ago or so to see if that clears it up. Thanks for the heads up I never thought about that.

kheebl

Well all is good again! I called US Cutter and they remote accessed my computer and changed the cutter settings in production manager. Its weird that it worked all this time on my old settings then crapped out, I'm just glad I got it figured out. Thanks for all the suggestions.