• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting software for Summa

WB

Whats everyone using for cutting software?
I have a D1400 and I've been using Co-cut with only because thats what came with it. All of our design work is done in Illustator and I only use Co-cut for Contour cutting, But I hate that program feels like it was made in the 80's.

We have Onxy Production house with the Cut servre 2.0 has anyone used this program? I haven't had time to play with it yet but plan on it.

Techman

I used just about all of them,, and I settled on cocut PRO,,, its great.. and definiatly not something from the 80's

Which version do you have?

Does onyx run a cutter? I beleive it is a RIP..

Checkers

I use the cutting software that came with my Summa. It may not have all the bells and whistles as some of the other programs, but it does what I need it ti do.
The Newer Onyx software supports print and cut and it should drive just about any (real) plotter on the market. I never used it to cut though.

Checkers

WB

I have CoCut Pro version 11

the thing I don't like about it the contour feature it never does a good job, always goes where you don't want it to, even after playing with all the setting, Lately I've been putting in my own Cut line in Illusrator then just using Co-cut for the jog marks and then the cutting..

newer Onyx does have a cut server I'm reading through my manual now tryin gto figure it out,