• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CWT Galaxy Laminator and Applicator Table?

Hello All -

I'm in the market for a new laminator as well as an applicator table. I'm currently considering:

1) Seal 62 Pro D (already have one that is about 7 years old - runs well)
2) Kala Minstral
3) CWT Galaxy

--

For Applicator Tables I'm considering:

1) CWT Evolution
2) Kala Applicator
3) RollOver

---

I would probably like to stay with the same company for laminator and applicator but I've had a Seal and it worked great and I also had a Drytac laminator that we're replaced that worked great for 11 years. Here are our needs:

Laminator:
1) Laminating pressure sensitive vinyl - rolls every day
2) Applying double sided adhesive to printed rolls that don't have adhesive on the back

Applicator table:
1) Small run laminating (if it's doable - we hate silvering and have very high expectations for our quality)
2) Mounting adhesive backed prints to rigid boards
3) Mounting non adhesive backed prints to boards with adhesive on it
4) Face Mounting Acrylic - This is our biggest application, we do hundreds of acrylic prints each month, they are fine art paper prints and we are adhering them to cast acrylic with a double sided optically clear adhesive (disclaimer: this isn't our company, but this video shows exactly what we are doing: https://www.facebook.com/FrameWorksMiami/videos/step-by-step-how-to-face-mount-to-acrylic-frameworks-miami/1920139318026142/)

--

I really look forward to feedback, our budget is around $35,000 - $40,000.00 for both machines all said and done (and the quotes I have so far keep me around that or lower). Thanks for the help!

victor bogdanov

I have a basic CWT that gets 8 hrs per day non stop use and love it, applying to substrates, small run lamination, apply tranfer tape. Takes a bit of practice but way easier than any other method for those tasks.

I went with cwt over other brands as I'm in TX and so is their USA warehouse

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I would probably like to stay with the same company for laminator and applicator but I've had a Seal and it worked great and I also had a Drytac laminator that we're replaced that worked great for 11 years.
Stick with either of these.

we hate silvering
Can you say for sure what is causing the silvering trouble and can you say for sure an applicator table is the remedy?