• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyan Banding on Roland TRUVIS Printer

Travis82

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with their cyan banding on their Roland TRUVIS printer (see attachment). Mine did it when I first got it and I dealt with tech support from the company where I bought it and Roland for a long period of time and many visits from the tech. After never figuring it out the warranty expired and I just let it go because nobody had any answers. And Roland had sent me a print from their printer with the same issue showing up and said it was all good, so I just assumed they were aware of the issue and had no answer. Then we had to do the TR2 ink conversion. For some reason after the conversion my cyan and magenta head would not work so I had to pay for a tech to come out and replace the head (over $2000). After not working right for so long after the conversion and head change it worked. So I wasn't sure what resolved it, the ink change or head change. Now after a year or so the printer is doing it again. I have been dealing with tech support for months and no resolution so they want to send a tech out just to look at it (over $1000). I think I pretty much have my answer, the head needs changed again, but that will be another $2000 plus after they charge me the $1000 plus to come look at it. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced an issue like this with their TRUVIS printer. I can't afford to change the head every year and a half. Thank you for your input.

Attachments

• IMG_6535.jpg
    IMG_6535.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 641

Dale D

Insurance bought me a new VF2-640 after my landlords building leaked on my old Roland machine. I did have 1 or 2 instnces where I had banding show up in my black. Tech replaced dampers, pumps, and print head and it didnt fix it. We accidentally changed the icc profile and problem went away. Im not sure if you issue is same or not, but you could try it. I would not had thought the profile would or could cause that.

Travis82

Insurance bought me a new VF2-640 after my landlords building leaked on my old Roland machine. I did have 1 or 2 instnces where I had banding show up in my black. Tech replaced dampers, pumps, and print head and it didnt fix it. We accidentally changed the icc profile and problem went away. Im not sure if you issue is same or not, but you could try it. I would not had thought the profile would or could cause that.
I did mess with color settings a lot the previous time I had this issue but we have not delved in to that much this time. It may be worth a try. If nothing else maybe I can finally figure out how to get it so the blues and greens you see on screen are close to what print. I use the Roland Color System Library and it has always been what you see on screen is not even close to what prints, so I have a print out of the library above my desk so I can see what color I will actually get. It is kind of a pain when it comes to proofing with customers. Thank you for your input Dale.

weyandsign

Hows the nozzle test pattern look? Only time I ever get banding like that is when it needs cleaned. Go in the menu and try a powerful cleaning.

Amy13

I just wanted to see if anyone else has had any issues with their cyan banding on their Roland TRUVIS printer (see attachment). Mine did it when I first got it and I dealt with tech support from the company where I bought it and Roland for a long period of time and many visits from the tech. After never figuring it out the warranty expired and I just let it go because nobody had any answers. And Roland had sent me a print from their printer with the same issue showing up and said it was all good, so I just assumed they were aware of the issue and had no answer. Then we had to do the TR2 ink conversion. For some reason after the conversion my cyan and magenta head would not work so I had to pay for a tech to come out and replace the head (over $2000). After not working right for so long after the conversion and head change it worked. So I wasn't sure what resolved it, the ink change or head change. Now after a year or so the printer is doing it again. I have been dealing with tech support for months and no resolution so they want to send a tech out just to look at it (over $1000). I think I pretty much have my answer, the head needs changed again, but that will be another $2000 plus after they charge me the $1000 plus to come look at it. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced an issue like this with their TRUVIS printer. I can't afford to change the head every year and a half. Thank you for your input.
Travis, wauw i got the exact same thing!! After the replacement of tr2 ink, my head needs to be replaced. And now after a year the cyan is banding..
what did you do? Or what helps?

Montrealer

Senior Operator
Hows the nozzle test pattern look? Only time I ever get banding like that is when it needs cleaned. Go in the menu and try a powerful cleaning.
I think you right, looks like a maintenance issue, cyan printhead(s) seem busted. I would do the same as you, print a nozzles text, than identify which printed causing the problem. Than refer to your instruction manual about nozzle recovery apply the maintenance procedure. i dont know roland printer much, but its all the same thing. If after your hard maintenance it still appearing like that, i think you had to change the problematic printhead. as quickfix you can switch profile and take one that got more pass, and print in undirectionnal mode, but it gonna take more time but atless you can print it. Also you could disable the damage printhead and redo a color match and print with only 1 cyan printhead. I would enable the auto-mapping (if available on Roland) and adjust the feed compensation (+&-) according to this new settings to remove the banding. but you probably need to replace a printhead if your maintenance dosent work. Hope it help. Good luck

LarryB

We are currently dealing with this issue. Dealer has replaced cyan head along with damper and still having issues. Happens when we do a full solid color blue print at least 50" wide. If the prints are 24" wide or smaller then there are no issues. Everything else is fine but only with solid blue. Dealer will be out for the third time this week.