• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

d-140 wont cut properly

gabagoo

This is a little strange as it has happened twice today and never before. More of a coincidence actually, but I printed 2 files with contours and in both cases the boxes for cutting seemed to get within 1" of the edge of the vinyl. When I put the vinyl in the Summa to cut it reads the bottom marks, however on the top marks it misses them by about an inch to low. The wheel at the top is still about 1/2" from the little black square so I don't know why it won't go and find it. In any case I manually show it where it is and then it finds the rest along the top. When it starts cutting it's way out of wack. I figure it is putting the little black squares to close to the edge, but twice in one day is weird, from never really happening before. So the question is this. When running decals that need to be cut and I load my Mimaki and it says I have 52.8" to work with out of 54, I guess I should really tell the rip that I only have 50" so that it won't put the marks to close to the edge?

Jim Doggett

Hi Gabago,

I advise you call Summa support at 800.323.9766. But if I had to make a guess, it's either:

A. You need to perform an X-Axis Alignment using the same material you're cutting (Summa support can advise how to do this if you don't have a manual handy)

B. You may not be leaving enough extra material on the back edge. I seem to recall it requires about 3 inches or so. Without the extra, the material-out sensor won't let it advance any further (a piece of tape or vinyl over the sensor can help, provided you're sure there's enough material to complete the cut).

Good cutting,

Jim