• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Dampers: original vs. generic

marco-it

Since I changed the first dampers on my 1204, I have always used generic ones. However on this forum I have read many threads where the original ones are recommended. The price difference is remarkable: € 32,00 vs. € 1,20!
Now I wonder if in the long run the generic dampers ruin the head or simply stop working.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've sold many thousands of after market 1204 dampers and only once in a great while one fails out of the box due to a manufacturing error. Other than that, they work just as well.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sure, however the question is what "failure" means. If the damper fails when it's brand new and it's so cheap, it can be replaced easly. The doubt is if can break down the head on the long distance.

No long term damage. All a damper does is contract when ink is used by the head, and then expand due to elastic forces which pulls ink down back into the damper which gives continuous flow of ink during printing. When they fail, ink simply stops flowing or it drops out of the bottom of the head.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

Have 3 units 1624, only used original dampers, never used generic. Original dampers had the same life as printheads, so when ever I replace a printhead, I replace the dampers, cables & capping station as well. This combination never fails.

marco-it

Have 3 units 1624, only used original dampers, never used generic. Original dampers had the same life as printheads, so when ever I replace a printhead, I replace the dampers, cables & capping station as well. This combination never fails.
How long run your printheads?

Inviato dal mio SM-A505FN utilizzando Tapatalk