• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Data Cable Length

uneedasign

I just finished putting my new Graphtec FC7000-130 together and the usb cable is too short. Does anyone know what the longest data cable I can use without causing communication errors.

Thanks,
Mark

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
15 and 16 foot lengths seem to be pretty commonly offered. There are also signal boosters available if you can't get by with that.

Tiger Direct has 74 different products in the category.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
uneedasign said:
I just finished putting my new Graphtec FC7000-130 together and the usb cable is too short. Does anyone know what the longest data cable I can use without causing communication errors.

Thanks,
Mark

I have a 16' or so extender on my FC7000-75 original cable with nary a problem. USB can go a goodly ways. It's the Centronics parallel cable that has some serious length issues.

srt10x3

Techman said:
time for a blue tooth wireless usb adapter..

Blue tooth is suseptable to interference (if you have ever used a USB head set on a cell phone) and it doesn't offer re-train capability. The Wi-FI USB-->Ethernet Ap adapters work great for making anything USB completely wireless :)

Craig