• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DC4sx Printing on Polycarbonate?

Chani

Does anyone know if the Summa DC4 printers will print on polycarbonate?

And if so, where would I find 24 or 30 inch pc? Preferably 20-30 mils thick.

I can find media for the Edge, but our printer won't take 15 inch media. :frustrated:

Jim Doggett

Does anyone know if the Summa DC4 printers will print on polycarbonate?

And if so, where would I find 24 or 30 inch pc? Preferably 20-30 mils thick.

I can find media for the Edge, but our printer won't take 15 inch media. :frustrated:

Hi Chani,

You might want to check with Summa on that. I seem to recall that the DC1 and DC2 would, but that it burned through heads much faster. But I think the DC3/4 printer-cutter didn't print on it as well.

Maybe that's changed. But you should check in case you might damage your print head.

Jim

G-Artist

Your local plastics supply house probably could provide what you need and many will cut for free or very low cost.

Years ago we screen printed a bunch of logos/legends using that stuff and it went into changeable letter track.

Chani

Hi Chani,

You might want to check with Summa on that. I seem to recall that the DC1 and DC2 would, but that it burned through heads much faster. But I think the DC3/4 printer-cutter didn't print on it as well.

Maybe that's changed. But you should check in case you might damage your print head.

Jim

Thank you, Jim. I'll be talking with Summa today, so I'll double-check with them. :)

Your local plastics supply house probably could provide what you need and many will cut for free or very low cost.

Years ago we screen printed a bunch of logos/legends using that stuff and it went into changeable letter track.

I hadn't thought of that. We bought some 24x48 polycarbonate, but because of where the back sensor on this machine is I'm not sure we could even use it, so I was thinking of getting rolls of pc.

Thanks to both of you! :)

Chani

Well, Summa told me I could go ahead and try, so once we have a printing issue that we're having taken care of I'll give it a go. :)

sjm

Well, Summa told me I could go ahead and try, so once we have a printing issue that we're having taken care of I'll give it a go. :)

How old is that printer? Even the original Edge is getting long in the tooth. Really I think you have nothing to lose.

Chani

It's a week old now. We've had it since last Thursday.

We're having a slight printing issue, but I'm talking to Summa about it.