• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dealing with Fellers

Patentagosse

Does anyone, non-US resident, has bought from Fellers?

'Had waste tremendous time trying to spend my hard earned money there, like if didn't want to do business with us up here.

I first been refered by Oracal Canada as I only needed 4-5yds of their Nacre Metallic wrap film and they only stocked it in 25yds. Upon Oracal's recommandation, I sent an email to Fellers to place my order along with my C/C number.

They replied: "If you're ready to place an order and you'll be using a non-U.S. credit card we'll have to have a copy of the front and back of your credit card and a picture of the card holders photo ID. Please provide a U.S. address to ship to.

- So you don't ship over here?
No. You need to provide a US address. Just setup an account at MyUS.com so we can send it there and they will ship it to you.

I created an account there, got an address and a suite #. I have filled all the cases at the time I placed my order at Fellers (complete address, suite number, everything). It took about a day or two to get shipped from Fellers, xtra few days to be received, routed and reshipped by MyUS 'cause the address was incomplete (no suite #... I think they only put my name and the zip code on the boxes*). 'Had to pay 5$ per box for this lazyness for manual handling and research. Jeez...

*boxes... I ordered 2yds of Arlon's and 4yds of Oracal's. WHY THE HELL THEY HAVEN'T BEEN PACKED TOGETHER IN 1 BOX??? I have paid more for shipping because of that (2 boxes to manipulate) Even worst, they were poorly boxed, no poly bag, edges torned...

So I got the boxes this morning, finally, after like 2 weeks of terrible communications. I asked 'em to drop at least a business card or some catalog / litterature in the box in order to avoid web search to contact 'em. Guess what? There was NOTHING in the boxes but invoice.

I call 'em to inquire if they have received my order at the start, they said YES (silence) so I asked why they haven't sent a confirmation, they replied WE DON'T DO THAT. I also asked if they would sent me a transaction receipt in PDF as proof of purchase, they also replied WE DON'T DO THAT.

Seriously, in the past I have bought a drumkit of few thousands in California and they made it very easy, smooth transaction w/o requesting a "proof of citizenship" or the color of my underwear, 'got it in 3 days at a decent fee.

Fellers hasn't made it easy at all, provided a poor customer service and if I can do it (except been forced due to availabilty) I WILL NOT BUY AGAIN FROM 'EM

Am I the only one? Is it just because I'm French Canadian? ('doing my best in english)

Just wondering...

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they don't like you............................ :eek:

I don't get much outta the country, but I can only imagine how things could be a pain.

Maybe it would be easier and less expensive money-wise and time-wise to find someone more local.

Patentagosse

Maybe they don't like you............................ :eek:

I don't get much outta the country, but I can only imagine how things could be a pain.

Maybe it would be easier and less expensive money-wise and time-wise to find someone more local.

I tried... I beg Oracal Canada to cut it's 25yds into 5yds-20yds but they didn't wanted to so... I wanted THAT specific color so I've been kinda "forced" to do it. I haven't saved a dime, trust me o_O

Christian @ 2CT Media

I have learned sometimes it's easier to buy it all and charge the client then to deal with issues, maybe thats why I have a whole rack of material with only a few yards missing.

Also Fellers has been outstanding for us and always been there when we needed them, I'm sure it's the crossing international borders that are causing issues. I'm sorry you are experiencing that I know how frustrating a simple project going rocket science can be.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Most likely a communications error. I'll bet they don't have anyone on staff that speaks Canadian.
Think I started an account with Fellers but have not run an order yet so I don't have good advice on that end.
I live on Guam - so we are part of the US but then again we are not part of the US.
I get good service from Gregory Inc. in Kansas.
They send us stuff through the post office that gets here faster than what I can get through UPS or FeEx Air.

wayne k
guam usa